Alex Camacho
Crosby, TX, United States
Born in Houston, Texas and raised all over living the life of an Army Brat. I Went to eight different schools (three elementary, one middle school, four high schools) and have one little brother who’s not so little anymore. I’ve been married for nearly fourteen years now to a woman who rocks my world and I've been blessed with two wonderful children. Our dog, Sally, is a big black lab saved from a local shelter.
VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE

Friday, July 18, 2003

Mr. Fixit

Wow, what a trip. It's been a hectic past few weeks. It all seems like a blur. I've feel like I haven't really stopped moving every since the car trouble. I keep telling myself, "In the morning I'm going to start my morning gym routine back up" but something always comes up. Staying up late to all hours of the morning visiting, roleplaying, or just watching movies with Lana doesn't help me drag my ass out of bed. As soon as find a quiet time with nothing to do, I do all the things I shouldn't be doing rather than doing those I should (like laundry or dishes). Hey, the bathroom has a new light though! Yup, I decided I was going to be Mister Fixit when the toilet wobble got really bad.

After getting all my tools out, cleaning the toilet, draining it, and lifting it off the hole, I found that the concrete mounting brackets weren't anchored right and had rusted badly and the concrete crumbled around them. So I redrilled, reseated it, and bolted it back down. Man, I was feelin good. I fixed the toilet, I rock. Guys can be silly at times, I know. SO I'm thinking, I could go ahead and put that extra light fixture up since I already have my tools out... To make a long story short, two days later of crawling around in the attic running new wire, punching holes in the bathroom wall, and almost cooking myself a few times I finally finished. Both lights turn on now when you hit the light, there's now a spot for a future fan, but the damn outlet flips every time I plug something in it. Fuck it. Another problem for another day. I guess I should patch those massive holes in the wall too.

A note to myself, "I will get up early tomorrow and take Matt out somewhere. I feel bad but I've been so damn busy with everyday stuff that finding time for just him and me has been next to impossible never mind finding one on one time with my own son. But he calls, and often. Man, where do kids learn how to inflict such guilt trips? Anyway, I'm taking him to the movies tomorrow morning. Gotta get up early, gotta get up early, gotta get up early...

No comments:

Post a Comment