Alex Camacho
Crosby, TX, United States
Born in Houston, Texas and raised all over living the life of an Army Brat. I Went to eight different schools (three elementary, one middle school, four high schools) and have one little brother who’s not so little anymore. I’ve been married for nearly fourteen years now to a woman who rocks my world and I've been blessed with two wonderful children. Our dog, Sally, is a big black lab saved from a local shelter.
VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE

Wednesday, December 31, 2003

New Year's Eve

It's just a few hours until the beginning of a new year. I look back on this year and can't think but ask where all the time went. Special things that happened this year? I became an uncle again. My son started School. My wife's business team hit over a million dollars in sales this year. I heard from an old friend I hadn't seen in over ten years. What does this add up to? There's no stopping time and the only thing to do is enjoy the ride. I've made it a point all this year to try and not be so negative and I think I've succeeded on a lot of points. It's been a self improvement year really. ; Maybe not physically, but spiritually. Hey, I'm no beer swigging gut man or nothing but I sure as hell can't run two miles in thirteen minutes (but I bet I could still do it in under sixteen!). I've tried to take on more of my dad's outlook on everything. He's the strongest man I've ever known. He never gives up, even when the world seems set against him from all ends. What does he do? He turns to his family and gathers strength from them and keeps going knowing all will end well in the end if you want it to. Thinking positive. It seems like such a little thing and I know now how much of a difference it can make. I never really thought about how negative I can be at times until it Lana pointed it out to me. So, when I wonder how I'll go at something I just ask myself what my dad would do. Sound cheesy? It may be but my father has always been my role model and he's even more so now. It doesn't matter how much money you make, what kind of car you drive or what kind of shoes you lace up in the morning. What matters is spending those first few moments awake in bed before going to bed laughing and tickling your son (or wife), sneaking up on your kiddo to watch him play, and lots of other private moments with your family. It's going to be a good year, I can feel it.

New year's resolutions? Hummm... More quality time with Marcel and Lana. Visit my brother more often. Get out of the house more often even if it's just to the park. ; Call my dad when I think of him even if it is a bit of an inconvenience. Spend more time with my nephew and niece. Here's a biggie for me write more often and maybe get the balls to even put a few short stories up here. Lana's positivity is contagious I think. The woman can see the good in just about anything. She has this weird way of picking me up out of a bad mood without even knowing it. So out with the negative and in with the new.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment