Alex Camacho
Crosby, TX, United States
Born in Houston, Texas and raised all over living the life of an Army Brat. I Went to eight different schools (three elementary, one middle school, four high schools) and have one little brother who’s not so little anymore. I’ve been married for nearly fourteen years now to a woman who rocks my world and I've been blessed with two wonderful children. Our dog, Sally, is a big black lab saved from a local shelter.
VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE

Monday, December 22, 2003

Revitalized

Well, it's just right around the corner and I'm not finished shopping. Every year I tell myself I'm going to get started early and every year I put it off just a little bit more. It's okay though cause I got most of my Christmas shopping out of the way. While we didn't go crazy this year like we did last year, but Marcel probably won't notice. I still gotta get a tree up... I still have a few days left though. ;)

My birthday just passed for those who care. I turned 23 again for the 4th time. Fourth time must be a charm because this was one of the best birthdays I've had. Lana, me, Marcel and Jonathan all drove out to Corpus Christi and stayed in a bay side hotel. We left on Thursday and came back yesterday. The hotel we stayed at was right on the beach overlooking the water and the Lexington. We didn't tour it this time around but I figure we'll save it for this summer when we rent a beach house and take those sand castle classes. The kids had a blast. There's this monstrosity of a castle playground right on the beach. It's a parent's nightmare. It twists and turns everywhere. Children turn into tunnel rats and quickly lose their parents only to show up on the other end of the playground. To make it worse, it isn't fenced in. So what does that mean? It means mom and dad get to chase the kiddos through this gauntlet of stairs, latters, and tunnels. More than once I caught that pleading look from another parent. Took me a while to realize I had that same look stretched across mine. Needless to say, Lana and I got our workout chasing Marcel and Johnathan through it. I'd like to go back when we don't have the kids so I can enjoy it. It's really freakin cool and I'm getting ideas about a backyard castle... It's been a while since we had a big family outing like this and I'm happy my baby Lana did this for me. There's just something about not having a place to be, no deadline to worry about, and just driving where ever looks interesting. I think I almost got deported coming back from Mission, Texas though.

On the way back from my dad's after dropping the kids off for the night, we got stopped by a cop on 77. Apparently, my license plate light is out. He asks me to step out of the car and stand to the rear of the vehicle. Lana gets the interrogation in the warm truck while I stand behind the truck suckin down exhaust fumes in the cold. Then it's my turn. He snaps the questions at me and never lets me finish a sentence before he's snapping another one at me. Hell, by the end of it I felt guilty. He let us go with a warning to get our registration taken care of as well as the light. I'm sure I'll get around to it eventually.

On a completely weird and good news note, I heard from a family friend I hadn't heard from in years! Family friends we met back when we were living in Colorado. I was checking my email today and there it was. A name I hadn't heard in years sitting in my junk mail folder. I figured it was just a coincidence, but just in case... I shot her an email askin if it was who I thought it was and I got a response back!! So if they follow my link they might end up reading this... sooo...

Hi Jas! Hey Jacob!! Hey, Debbie!!! Miss you guys and can't wait to come up and see ya'll sometime. Marcel has never seen real snow and I miss it!! See ya'll soon hopefully! Merry Christmas!!!! ; --Alex and Family

No comments:

Post a Comment