Alex Camacho
Crosby, TX, United States
Born in Houston, Texas and raised all over living the life of an Army Brat. I Went to eight different schools (three elementary, one middle school, four high schools) and have one little brother who’s not so little anymore. I’ve been married for nearly fourteen years now to a woman who rocks my world and I've been blessed with two wonderful children. Our dog, Sally, is a big black lab saved from a local shelter.
VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE

Thursday, July 15, 2004

Early Morning Thoughts

Okay, so a out-of-the-house J-O-B isn't what a needed. I'm still a little on the restless side these days but I don't think getting a J-O-B is the solution. I work damnit. I keep a clean house (maybe not spotless), I do laundry (always behind but who isn't), I feed my clan (gotta love fast food), and then theirs the things I enjoy that I make time for. A little defensive? Sure, maybe but this staying at home thing can make you cagey. On one hand, I'm unemployed ex-military, been out of the work force for three years, and my educational background stops at high school and a couple community college class credits. On the other, I spend more quality time with my son than most. I include him in most of what I do around the house, we rough play and bicker like brothers. Lana and I spend as much time as we want just "hanging out", watching movies, playing games, and being around friends. I think my restlessness stems from me letting others definition of success cloud over my own. I don't need a J-O-B to structure my time around or define my success. I just need to remember what's important to me and keep my eyes on the prize.

What got me thinking about the whole thing more was Lana. She just got back from a five day Banff Springs Hotel trip where she was pampered, compliments of Passion Parties, Inc. and C.J. Haynes interrogated her about me somewhere between the mud baths and massages. As Lana put it, the old woman told her she was limiting my potential. Told her she needed to let me know I was free to do the things I wanted to do and that I was supported. Here's the thing about C.J. Haynes. Here's a successfully shrewd business women in her sixties who Lana and I actually have a lot of admiration for in more ways than one. She's one of the founding women for the very successful company my Lana works for. She barely knows me but knew what I needed to hear. Hell, I didn't know I needed to hear it but I guess I did. Despite all the money this woman has earned with blood, sweat, and tears, she knew that the real prize isn't money, but family. I've always known that Lana supported me in whatever oddball ideas popped in my head, but sometimes you just gotta hear it I guess. So I'm going to make an effort to do the things I enjoy, make time for me, and stop putting them off. After all, I still have a full G.I. Bill waiting for me. Some sculpting classes, an art class or two, photography class, a welding course, start reading more like I used to, and writing.

My point to all this rambling? I dunno, it's five in the morning and I need sleep. Why I woke up, I'm not sure. A little restless still I guess, but not an uneasy kind. Excited I guess. Lots of changes going on around this house lately. Marcel's turning six next month, he's lost two teeth, a family move is in the works into a house we've been drooling over for more than a year, and I'm back on focus I think. It's funny what a dark and quiet house will get you thinking about. Well, off to bed again. 'Night all.

No comments:

Post a Comment