Alex Camacho
Crosby, TX, United States
Born in Houston, Texas and raised all over living the life of an Army Brat. I Went to eight different schools (three elementary, one middle school, four high schools) and have one little brother who’s not so little anymore. I’ve been married for nearly fourteen years now to a woman who rocks my world and I've been blessed with two wonderful children. Our dog, Sally, is a big black lab saved from a local shelter.
VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE

Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Is the Weekend Over Yet??

It's been a busy couple of days. We had a nice relaxed birthday party, the kids ate pizza and played upstairs for the most part. The get together Friday ended with just Lana, me, Anthony, Liz, Derek, and Johnny. People were dropping like flies. I don't know if they were just bored or tired but I do know I had a good time being able to visit. Feels like it's been a while since we last had everyone really together. Now that I think of it, last Halloween party was the last time.

Speaking of Halloween parties, Lana wants to do it at our house this year. Allison wants to do it at her house, like we have in the past. I dunno. It would be more convenient here for numerous reasons (all the kids up stairs, more room, I can drink as much as I like, etc.) but I'll let the girls figure it out. All I know is I gotta get burning on these costumes. I think I'm going to make my samurai costume out of vacuum formed plastic rather than the original plan of fiberglass castes. This weekend I want to get started. We'll see.

I went out to Anthony's place to roleplay on Sunday and found out something cool. Liz just got a new cat and was pretty hyped about it. I remember her making mention of a new cat on Friday night but I couldn't remember what it was that was so special about this one. She ran into the other room and got the kitten. She called it a Polydactyl. Being the animal enthusiast I am, I was curious. I had no idea some cats were born that way. She told me that the extra toe (six toes per paw) is actually opposable, although not in all cats. It's a little freaky but very interesting and worth more reading.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, Sally's training is coming along great. She now sits on command, didn't have any accidents in her room or new kennel, and inside accidents have dropped dramatically. I've always heard how intelligent Labradors are but I never knew. She's picking up so fast. I've always had dogs growing up (despite my dad not really liking animals in the house) but I've never trained an animal that picked up so quickly. I'm hyped. In fact, I'm currently looking for information on search and rescue training. I don't know how far I'll go with it but it helps that a good friend of mine is in a group in College Station. Plus Protocon is just around the corner... I should call Matt. Not tonight though.

I'm tired, hungry, and sleepy. I've been helping Derek move all day. I feel like I've been climbing stairs all day. It was worth it though. His girlfriend's roommate and friend are cuties. Nothing beats good eye candy to make things a little better plus their nice. I'm looking forward to helping him move into their new apartment already. I'm doomed to be a dirty old man. It's a good thing I'm only 24. ;)

Now that I'm home and relaxed, I'm going to jump my stinky ass in the shower and watch a movie. It's been a long weekend that's sort of spilled into the week but I can't really bitch. I've spent it with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment