Alex Camacho
Crosby, TX, United States
Born in Houston, Texas and raised all over living the life of an Army Brat. I Went to eight different schools (three elementary, one middle school, four high schools) and have one little brother who’s not so little anymore. I’ve been married for nearly fourteen years now to a woman who rocks my world and I've been blessed with two wonderful children. Our dog, Sally, is a big black lab saved from a local shelter.
VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE

Tuesday, August 3, 2004

A Strange Email

Well, I finished Heroes Die today. I haven't read a book that good in a while. I had to sit awhile and just digest the ending. I can't say enough positive things about the story and can't wait to wrap my hands around the sequel to it. I see now it's going on my Favorite Books list. I'll probably go out to the bookstores tomorrow and see if I can't find it. What else have I got time to do right? Arg.

Now concerning this weird email I got. I sat down to check my email before curling up on the coach with some grub when I see an email titled "Colorado Springs, CO??? " I get a LOT of junk mail in my hotmail account. It's been an active account now for over ten years now and I use it for all those things online that require an email addy. The title caught my attention though since my family used to live there. My dad was stationed there for four years and I spent some of my most turmoiled youth there. It's a place that has a lot of very fond memories as well as painful. I've always wanted to go back. I know that most of the people I knew back then have probably moved away but I'd like to see the places I remember again. I still keep touch with a friend of the family who lives there and it would be nice to see her again.

The email pretty much just asked if I was the same Camacho family she/he knew. This person knew my birth date so I was a little thrown back. The name does sound vaguely familiar but that's all. He/she said they had been looking for us and there seemed to be a bit of urgency to the email.

I did respond though. I'm nervous as all hell about it. Like I said, a lot of fond memories as well as painful. I guess I'll find out soon enough who it is that not only remembers me and my family but has been looking for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment