Alex Camacho
Crosby, TX, United States
Born in Houston, Texas and raised all over living the life of an Army Brat. I Went to eight different schools (three elementary, one middle school, four high schools) and have one little brother who’s not so little anymore. I’ve been married for nearly fourteen years now to a woman who rocks my world and I've been blessed with two wonderful children. Our dog, Sally, is a big black lab saved from a local shelter.
VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE

Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Weekend Preparations

I pretty much finished unpacking today. There's still the dreaded Marcel's room, but all the heavy stuff is done. Whoo hoo!!! I've got more projects than I can shake a stick at right now, but Halloween is taking a top priority right now. I'd like to get the vacuum table working sometime next week and start on the costumes. I gotta make it past this weekend first.
On Friday we have friends coming over for a friendly get together (games, hide-and-go-peek-a-boo, etc.), Saturday is going to be Marcel's birthday party, and on Sunday I'm roleplaying with Oscar and Anthony. It's going to be a hectic weekend but one I'm looking forward to. I feel like I've been isolated from my friends for weeks now and I'm really looking forward to having a full house.
Tomorrow I get to go back to the pound to pick up Marcel's puppy. Did I mention he's getting a puppy for his birthday? I drove out there today after finding the puppy online (it's amazing the things you can do online now) and put her on hold until tomorrow. I hope to never have to go inside another pound again. I've always hated going in them. This trip was particularly bad.
The place smelled like mildew, animal piss, and wet dog. I've got a pretty strong stomach but the smells were so strong I could taste it on my tongue with every breath. I had to keep myself from staring at a guy passively eating his lunch. What bothered me the most was waiting in the hallway where they keep the animals. The vet barely spoke English and had to check something while I waited in the hallway. I didn't understand much of what he said. I think it was a mix of Spanish and English. On the wall was a dirty computer printed calendar with A through E on all the dates. I couldn't figure it out at first until I noticed alphabet signs on the kennels. I couldn't help but look at the 25th - all C kennels. I had to stop myself from wandering over to kennel C because I know if I did I would taking at least one home despite having come for a puppy. I know logically it's a necessity, but it still makes me mad to thing that some pet owners are so irresponsible to allow an animal to be put in that situation. It's not their fault some people are irresponsible asses. Anyway, so I faced the other way and found myself reading a wall of posted profiles of people not allowed to adopt for varying reasons. Apparently some people are repeat offenders and must be turned away on sight. Some of the offenses were pretty bad but I guess it's a reminder to the clerks of why they must be turned away. I forced myself to stop reading them and played a game on the cell phone until the vet came back. He took my name, phone number and told me to come back tomorrow at 1pm. I think tomorrow I'll bring a book and wait in the lobby.

No comments:

Post a Comment