Alex Camacho
Crosby, TX, United States
Born in Houston, Texas and raised all over living the life of an Army Brat. I Went to eight different schools (three elementary, one middle school, four high schools) and have one little brother who’s not so little anymore. I’ve been married for nearly fourteen years now to a woman who rocks my world and I've been blessed with two wonderful children. Our dog, Sally, is a big black lab saved from a local shelter.
VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE

Thursday, September 2, 2004

Book Club Meeting

I think today I'm going to try and stay in a little. I have laundry to catch up on, a house that needs vacuuming, and a book to finish reading. I've been trying to read Refugee by Piers Anthony but I don't know if I can stomach anymore. I keep telling myself it'll get better but I think I just don't like the way he writes. I hate the way stuffing tastes. It's not that it isn't digestible and I'm sure others eat it like cheese wiz, but I just don't like the flavor or the pasty texture. Piers Anthony's writing is a lot like that to me. With each page (bite) I tell myself it's not that bad, I just need to get used to it. Besides, I have a new book I need to read.

A few friends of mine formed a book club. Our first book is Lost Horizon by James Hilton. There's supposed to be a book store not too far down the road from here according to Yahoo. The first meeting went pretty good and we ended up playing games most of the night and talking about movies and books. I got to play with their freaky little cat more too. He can stand up for a really long time. A really long time. It's freaky. Anthony figures it's because he has a wider foot and it's easier for him to balance with an opposable toe on each foot.

I showed up a little late but what else is new? It wasn't really my fault though. I was on my way out the door when I noticed some boxes sitting inside my breeze way gate. It was my NES ebay stuff and my Ironing Fun cover. I had to open em. Lots of stuff to do today. Clean the house a little, laundry, hit the book store, try and get my vacuum table working, go to the hardware store for my Advantage mockup parts... arg. So much for staying in. I tried. The earlier I wake the more shit I find to do. Maybe sleeping in wasn't so bad after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment