Alex Camacho
Crosby, TX, United States
Born in Houston, Texas and raised all over living the life of an Army Brat. I Went to eight different schools (three elementary, one middle school, four high schools) and have one little brother who’s not so little anymore. I’ve been married for nearly fourteen years now to a woman who rocks my world and I've been blessed with two wonderful children. Our dog, Sally, is a big black lab saved from a local shelter.
VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE

Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Crunch Time

The hot foam cutter is pretty much done except for one minor detail. I can't seem to get the wiring right. Every time I think I got it and give it a try, the breaker flips. I think I'm just going to have to buy a transformer from Radio shack. The one I'm trying to use is a 2 dollar Goodwill 35W transformer with no ground. That's what I get for being a cheapo I guess. The whole project has only costed me about 15 bucks so I can't say I've broke the bank and it's definitely cheaper than buying one of Hot Wire Foam Factory's. Now if I could just get it to work.

I also bought all the fiberglas I'll need for my body cast. I'm hoping to start today once I get the foam cutter working. I'm pretty eager to get started and I need to get moving on it. Marcel has decided on a costume. He had me worried for a while with Robocop. Thankfully he changes his mind about as often as he changes his underwear and has decided on Yu Gi Oh. Mostly sewing so that means I need to get Lana's machine out here in the next few days.

My biggest distraction the past few days has been TNT and the Spike network. Law and Order, NYPD, and CSI. I find myself glued to the television watching one police drama after the next. With all the projects I have on the table right now the last thing I need to be doing is watching TV. I've got my fiberglass cast to do, sculpt and cast my armor, sew Marcel's costume, finish my foam cutter, build some headstones, sculpt and cast Micah's Wolverine costume, cast and paint more plaster walls for my Strange Synergy game before this weekend, and build my MAME system and controllers. Never enough time it seems.

I went to Tab's birthday party this weekend. I showed up a little late since I had house guests over this weekend but all went well. I guess. John was there and as soon as I showed up he and his woman made a hasty exit with a lame excuse. I don't know what his problem is but if he's not willing to talk about it then I'm not going to bother. We had a good time at the party despite him. I didn't leave until late and Marcel passed out on the way home. It's always good to see Heather and Tab since they don't come over very often with Oscar. Hear that Heather?? That's a hint!! Anyway.

I better get back to work. I gotta get this foam cutter working before Law and Order comes on at 7pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment