Alex Camacho
Crosby, TX, United States
Born in Houston, Texas and raised all over living the life of an Army Brat. I Went to eight different schools (three elementary, one middle school, four high schools) and have one little brother who’s not so little anymore. I’ve been married for nearly fourteen years now to a woman who rocks my world and I've been blessed with two wonderful children. Our dog, Sally, is a big black lab saved from a local shelter.
VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE

Tuesday, October 5, 2004

Happy Birthday Micah!!

It's Micah's twenty eighth birthday today. It seems like it was just yesterday we were crammed in Chris's tent in Micah's backyard celebrating his sixteenth birthday. It doesn't feel like any great passage of time has passed but when I count up the years I'm a little dumb founded. It doesn't feel like twelve years. I don't feel like an adult. I don't think I've changed that much. When I look around me though, everything around me tells a different story.
I look forward to children birthday parties so I can get with my friends. I refer to my self in third person almost all the time no matter how hard I try not to. I don't "go to the bathroom" anymore, I "go potty". I don't enjoy driving the way I used to and I hate having to put gas in the car. Remember that weird excitement of climbing behind the wheel for the first time? Any excuse to drive was good enough even if it was just around the corner. I have, brace yourself, gray hair. My little brother is 6'2". My dad has moved and my mom is passed away. I can't remember the last time I wore my leather jacket. I still watch cartoons but it's with my son not my little brother. Marcel looked a lot like Michael did when he was little and sometimes I'd call him Michael. It was an odd feeling that made me happy and sad all at once.

Twelve years. A lot has happened since then. I look back on the Alex of 1992 and I can only shake my head and smile. It was fun and as much as I would love to do it all over again I like where I am now even if I do tell people I'm only twenty three most of the time. It's not really a lie since that's the age I feel most days. You're only as old as you feel. Happy Birthday Micah, ya old fuck. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment