Alex Camacho
Crosby, TX, United States
Born in Houston, Texas and raised all over living the life of an Army Brat. I Went to eight different schools (three elementary, one middle school, four high schools) and have one little brother who’s not so little anymore. I’ve been married for nearly fourteen years now to a woman who rocks my world and I've been blessed with two wonderful children. Our dog, Sally, is a big black lab saved from a local shelter.
VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE

Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Kodak Moments

I've been driving almost all day. It's last minute crunch time. I went to a plastic distributor for some abs plastic, I hit Half Price books and 1/4 Price Books looking for Samurai books, I hit Lowes for more supplies, picked up some more clay from Texas Art and Supply, and grabbed miscellaneous stuff at Walmart. I took Marcel with me to get him out of the house. So we've been pretty much been goofing all all day together preparing for Halloween. He doesn't seem the least bit tired. I wish I could say the same. I'm pretty exhausted. Despite that, I did manage to construct the stand for my Fiberglas dummy, primer Marcel foam pieces for his costume and started sculpting a few armor pieces on the dummy. It's pretty much non stop from here but this year I plan on pacing myself.

Even though I know I'm cutting it really close, I'm not really stressing about it. I had a good day. I spent the whole day with Marcel just clowning around with him. He's getting so big and showing so much independence. He doesn't always want to hold my hand anymore. I knew he was getting a little big for it but it never really hit me until today. We were walking around the book store and I walked away from one shelf to another. I put my hand out, like usual, and just expected him to take it. I turned to look where he was when he didn't take it and saw him with a book in his hands flipping through the pages. Sometimes I can't believe how quickly he's grown up. Him just standing there looking through a book, his brow all furrowed up, scanning the pages... I wish I had the camera with me. He grabbed a few books for us to read together tonight. He's really into the fantasy genre right now and is counting the days he can roleplay with the big boys.

I think I'll call it quits early tonight and watch a few more episodes of 24. Damn Oscar for loaning me season one. I ended up watching twelve episodes back to back the day I brought them home and four more the next day. I did get all the laundry folded and put away though so I guess it can't be that bad. I want to take the last few "chapters" a little slower and savor it. Off to curl up on the couch.

Oh, real quick. I saw the cutest thing today in the hardware store. A boy around three had his face buried into his mom's belly. At first I thought he was crying. His mom had this bored look on her face like she had endured this more times than she cared to. The little boy started to jump up and down and was getting louder and louder. As I passed them I could here him talking in Spanish, his hands cuped around his mouth, pressed into her belly, and I saw she was very pregnant. I couldn't help but take another look back and smile. There was another photo moment I wish I could have caught. I almost wish I could speak Spanish so I could know what he was telling his baby brother/sister but another part of me doesn't want to know.

Off to bed for real now. 'Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment