Alex Camacho
Crosby, TX, United States
Born in Houston, Texas and raised all over living the life of an Army Brat. I Went to eight different schools (three elementary, one middle school, four high schools) and have one little brother who’s not so little anymore. I’ve been married for nearly fourteen years now to a woman who rocks my world and I've been blessed with two wonderful children. Our dog, Sally, is a big black lab saved from a local shelter.
VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE

Thursday, October 28, 2004

Three Days Left

It's been a productive day. I've finished Marcel's Fish Guitar, his leaf blade things, and pants. Tomorrow I'll do the top, color it and do the mask. My costume is truckin right along. I think I can, I think I can.

The lower leg plates are sculpted and molded as is the forearm plate and the support armor piece. I've begun the sculpting on the top chest piece, as well as the back, and the shoulder piece. The first cast of Fiberglas resin is curing downstairs, as I type, in the ready molds. Man, I'm exhausted but my mind is still going a hundred miles an hour. I think I'm running on pure resin fumes coming up from downstairs.

Working on these "projects" is such a high. I listen to music all day, I'm painting, I'm sculpting, I'm working with my hands, Marcel gets to learn about everything I'm doing, and I get all this time to think. Some of the time I'm thinking about the three other things I got going, some of the time I'm constructing the pieces in my head as I work so I know what to do next and the rest of the time I'm just enjoying the free time to simply think. I know it may seem a little silly but how often do you really get time to reflect on whatever you want? Between house chores, my kiddo, bills, etc. I sometimes forget how nice it is to just spend time in reflection by myself. My hot garage with the radio blaring rock isn't exactly Shangri-la but it's as close as I get.

I think so long as I keep at this pace and keep going, I can make it to the deadline with both costumes constructed. I'm pretty hyped about both. I can see them both complete in my head. I guess I better crash for now and try to sleep. 'Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment