Alex Camacho
Crosby, TX, United States
Born in Houston, Texas and raised all over living the life of an Army Brat. I Went to eight different schools (three elementary, one middle school, four high schools) and have one little brother who’s not so little anymore. I’ve been married for nearly fourteen years now to a woman who rocks my world and I've been blessed with two wonderful children. Our dog, Sally, is a big black lab saved from a local shelter.
VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE

Thursday, January 6, 2005

Connections

I've been feeling a little restless I guess lately. I think it's been coming off as though I'm in a bad mood. I haven't been sleeping well despite staying up to the wee hours of the morning and getting up in the early afternoon. There's a lot to be said about quality sleep. So for the past couple days I've been taking Sally out for a walk to help burn off that extra energy and general uncomfortable feeling of staying still too long. Once the walk is over I still feel the need to do something. I could read (I have a lot to catch up on), I could construct my Warhammer army, or half a dozen other small projects. None of those seem to eliminate the need to DO SOMETHING. So, today I decided to run the network cable to connect Lana's office to the house. I've been putting off doing this for sometime now as everyone around me knows but I finally decided it was time. It's a little over eighty feet from her office to the house through the walkway roof. Johnny helped a lot and even Sean came by and got wrangled into helping out. When Micah showed up he jumped right in without even me asking. I had more help then I could have asked for and didn't even ask. Thanks guys, in case I didn't already say it.

To make a long story short, with all there help we got the cable from her office to the laundry room where the other switch is going to route to the rest of the house. Tomorrow my mission is to buy another box of CAT5 and get a six outlet plate to start running cable to the rooms in the house. It's going to be a busy next few days and for that I'm pretty grateful. It'll give me time chew over some disturbing news I got from my brother today.

He called me on my cell as I was untangling some twine after attempt one to run a pulley through the pvc. He said he got a letter from a cousin of mine who happens to be in jail. I have a pretty expansive extended family and I regrettably don't really make much of an effort to keep in touch with all of them but that's not always a bad thing. Well, to spare you all the details of the letter he seems to think my brother, my dad, and me owe him for all the woes in his life and money would make it all better. Then he brought my mom into it, using emotional trauma to invoke some sense of guilt and duty. Right now I'm just in a whirlwind of emotions. One part of me wants to drive up there and just give him a piece of my mind, to yell, hit, thrash, and ripe skin. Another tells me to just blow it off. Some of the things he said in the letter were pretty ugly things to say and I only heard what my brother was willing to read to me. Tomorrow I'll swing by and pick it up and guess and read the rest for myself. Oh, I forgot to mention that he also asked for a letter of recommendation to his parole board coming up. The nerve.

It did get me thinking about a few other thinks. A lot in my life has changed in the past ten years. I'm thinking of taking a trip to see my mom's parents just to see for myself what kind of people they are now. People can change. I know I have. I guess it's all the fond memories I have of them that makes it hard to write them off completely. They've never met my son. I'd like my son to know about the grandma he'll never meet from someone besides just me and meet his great grandparents at least once.

I'll mull it over some more I think though. If I do go, I'd like Mike to go along with me.

On to a lighter subject. I started reading Blade of Tyshalle today. It's going to be hard to keep myself from devouring it over the course of a few days. His style is so brutally refreshing. I haven't read an author with such an addictive style since Bradbury but it's not fair to compare the two since their so different. They both have that addictive quality to them though. Bradbury is more like a slow sips of warm saki on a cold day and Stover is more like a shot of epinephrine chased down with a fistfull of ecstasy. I'm going to regulate myself to only a few chapters a day otherwise I'll be done with it in a few days and want more.

I've had a busy day and my body is telling me so. A hot shower, take in some Law & Order, and maybe a bowl of ice cream. Ice cream always makes things a little better. Butter Pecan... mmmmmmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment