Alex Camacho
Crosby, TX, United States
Born in Houston, Texas and raised all over living the life of an Army Brat. I Went to eight different schools (three elementary, one middle school, four high schools) and have one little brother who’s not so little anymore. I’ve been married for nearly fourteen years now to a woman who rocks my world and I've been blessed with two wonderful children. Our dog, Sally, is a big black lab saved from a local shelter.
VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE

Monday, January 31, 2005

Happy Birthday Dad!!

I'm sitting in the comfort of my living room, sprawled out in my lovesac, blogging on my big screen. How cool is that? It's a little weird though since I have to type it out in word at two hundred percent so I can read as I type. Man, I love having my tv system networked. I keep finding myself looking over my shoulder to see if anyone is reading, and then I have to remind myself what I’m doing. Seems silly doesn't it? I can't help it though, I hate having someone reading over my shoulder. No matter what I'm writing, I always feel more comfortable doing it in private.

I did finally get around to uploading the Disney World pictures today. I'm still uploading as I type, from my computer in Lana's office (gotta love remote desktop control). I didn't realize how many photos I took until I was trying to decide which ones to put in the photo album. I told my dad about it and he just laughed. I immediately knew what he was laughing about. He'd go through two or three rolls of film in just one day at the beach when we were kids. I called him earlier to wish him happy birthday. Seems so weird him not being ten minutes away. He's doing good though and I’m happy he's happy.

I can't believe he’s already forty five. He was telling me how he could never get his head around the idea of being forty five. Here it is though.

I think I'm going to start running in the morning. It might start off as just a stroll and end with me panting at my front door, but its start. After running around the pond the other day chasing a few friends with a paintball gun, I realized how badly out of shape I've become. Correction: how badly out of shape I've allowed myself to become. I've never been a great runner, but I used to be able to do it without too much trouble, if you don't count the P.T. test. My belt size has gone up a few more inches and I’ve decided that I don't like it. Besides, running in the morning will get me out of bed at a decent hour. Who knows, it might prompt me to start using that weight bench gathering dust in Lana's office. One thing at a time though.

Owlcon is this weekend. I’m ready this year. I’m only running a few games this year. I plan on actually getting some play time as a player this year. Plus I was a bit too lazy to write a few new demos. Besides, next time I hop back in the GM saddle it'll be for my post apocalyptic game.

I think I'm off to the Movie Trading Company right now. Lana wants me to pick up a poker tournament on dvd so she can study it. She's starting to freak me out a little. She's got Marcel playing poker now for "math" she says. It's all good though. I'm gonna see if I can't find Code 46 while I'm there. Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment