Alex Camacho
Crosby, TX, United States
Born in Houston, Texas and raised all over living the life of an Army Brat. I Went to eight different schools (three elementary, one middle school, four high schools) and have one little brother who’s not so little anymore. I’ve been married for nearly fourteen years now to a woman who rocks my world and I've been blessed with two wonderful children. Our dog, Sally, is a big black lab saved from a local shelter.
VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE

Thursday, February 3, 2005

Company

I got a late start today but I have a valid excuse. We had company over last night and I was up pretty late last night playing a gritty game Strange Synergy with Micah and Johnnie. I managed to pull of the win by capitalizing on a minor error Micah made in haste and excitement. Plus his last roll, that he thought would kill me off, turned out to be one less than was needed to kill me off. I'm pretty excited about playing it at the con. I'm going to try to get the rest of my board pieces painted before Owlcon this weekend but I'm not going to bust my ass doing it. If I find the time kinda thing.

Once everyone left I ended up reading a bit of the book Anthony loaned me. Lana and I had gone over their place to play games and talk dildo business. So while the girls showed off their toys to each other, Anthony and I got to yapping about books. Turns out we've read a lot of the same stuff. I did a double take when I looked at his shelf because a lot of the books he owns, I own myself. Anyway, to make a long story short, he loaned me a few books and Vampire$ was one of them. I read Armor a few years back and remember it being an incredible book. So far, so good but it's hard for any author to follow up Stover. I'm a little over seventy pages into it and I love it. It helps that I never saw the movie I think. I remember seeing the previews for the movie back when it came out and thinking, "There's a movie I'm not wasting my money on." I'll probably end up watching it after I finish the book. If I can stomach The Guyver, I think I can stomach almost any crappy movie. I take that back. I don't ever want to watch House of the Dead again. Ever.

I remember The Guyver being such a cool movie. Keep in mind I hadn't seen it since it came out. (That's my disclaimer damn it). So there we were, Marcel and me, looking for Lana's poker tournament dvd and my Code 46 movie when Marcel snatched up The Guyver and asked me if he could watch it. I couldn't help but grin from ear to ear at the idea of watching it again. Like I said, I have fond memories of it. That is, until we got home and I popped it in the dvd player. I swear I don't remember it being so... so... Power Ranger-ish. That's the nicest thing I can say about that movie. Funny how easily our fondest childhood memories can be shattered so by reality. Sometimes reality checks really suck.

I should be on the phone right now. I need to call my insurance lady up. I'm looking into opening a paintball field. The guys and me have been tossing the idea around and I think it's a great way to get my future gaming store and costuming shop off the ground. After pricing a few lots and equipment, we're pretty sure we can do it. Our only concern is insurance. After all, we're going to have people running around shooting each other. My mission today is get insurance info as well as find some local places that sell used drums, wire spools, crates, etc. Sometime today I need to make it out to Walmart too. Plus I need to get Marcel's room cleaned up for Matt and Sarah. There coming down for Owlcon and are going to stay with us for the weekend. Hard to believe it's been almost four years since I got out. Three years, nine months, three days...
That's all for now. Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment