Alex Camacho
Crosby, TX, United States
Born in Houston, Texas and raised all over living the life of an Army Brat. I Went to eight different schools (three elementary, one middle school, four high schools) and have one little brother who’s not so little anymore. I’ve been married for nearly fourteen years now to a woman who rocks my world and I've been blessed with two wonderful children. Our dog, Sally, is a big black lab saved from a local shelter.
VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Poker Nights

Last night was a good night. Lana and I haven't been feeling too good with this damn flue but we decided to go out anyway. My brother was hosting a poker game and we just couldn't resist. I was a little nervous about the whole thing since I haven't really had the chance to play all that much but I figured it's only ten dollars. The pool table we played on takes up the full center of the room and we drew cards to figure sitting arrangements. To make a long story short I ended up taking home the big win. The whole time I'm watching people get taken out all I can think is that if I can just hang on for third place I'll get my ten back. It was a good night. :P

The poker tables are coming along nicely. The octagon table turned out to be a bit harder than I thought but I'll salvage it yet. It won't look as nice as some of the others but it'll be a nice little table I can be proud of. I just hope I can get them all done by Friday night. We've decided to host a little tournament at our house. It'll be nice to play a game everyone can get in on even if it doesn't involve a character sheet and some dice. Plus it's the chance for different clicks to meet. It should be an interesting night. That's what I love about games. It's the opportunity, the excuse, for people who ordinarily wouldn't socialize with each other to have a good time together. I've meet some great friends over a game or two. Oscar over a chess board at a library and my wife who at the roleplaying table just to name a few. I love the opportunity to expand my close circle of friends even if it's for only a night of games.

I'm pretty tired so I think I'll call it a night. I've got most of the cutting done on the big 4'x8'' tables. I love the smell of sawdust. It always reminds me of the derby car my dad, me and my brother made for Boy Scouts. Mike took third I believe. He found that little black car buried in the attic not to long ago.

Tomorrow I pick up the padding, vinyl, headliner, felt and some cup holders. Tomorrow is going to be a busy day. That's all for now I guess. I'm too tired and I don't want to start just rambling. Again.

Off to play a hand or two with Lana and Kelly. Obsessions are a way of life around here in case you hadn't noticed.

'Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment