Alex Camacho
Crosby, TX, United States
Born in Houston, Texas and raised all over living the life of an Army Brat. I Went to eight different schools (three elementary, one middle school, four high schools) and have one little brother who’s not so little anymore. I’ve been married for nearly fourteen years now to a woman who rocks my world and I've been blessed with two wonderful children. Our dog, Sally, is a big black lab saved from a local shelter.
VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE

Sunday, February 13, 2005

Sicknesses

Poker has become the new addiction in our household. Poker tournaments are pushing my episodes of Law and Order off the Tivo, and I can't say I really mind all that much. We took a trip to a poker supply store as a family. I did everything but flip over their poker tables to see how they were made while Lana touched every type of chip they carried. Marcel found a Mame cabinet in the store and promptly made himself at home in a four hundred dollar bar stool.

I've decided to construct a poker table or three. One is an octagon, and the other two are long tables. I began construction on the octagon one, snapping pictures as I went, running up and down the stairs to consult a few websites on construction. After the fifth trip upstairs I decided to just share the links of others who have tutorials rather than make yet another tutorial. I'm pretty excited about the octagon table more so than the larger tables. I can see it coming together already and I can't wait to be able to play Magic or a game of Munchkin. :)

Last night we ended up staying in since both of us got this damn sickness, the flu, and medicated our other sickness by having Tracy, Micah, and Kelly over to play a few games of poker. It was fun but by the time the head to head game rolled around on the second game I was ready to fall asleep at the table. Being that the sun was also coming up though, it only made sense that I was tired.

Today though, is a fresh day even if I didn't get up until after noon. I've got a lot to do and I hope this flue doesn't slow me down any. Man, I hate being sick. I'd rather take a kick to the gut a few times than be sick. At least Marcel hasn't come down with it (knocking on wood now).
I should get moving now while I still have a little time to make it out to the hardware store before they close. Oh, here's a great quote I found while doing some reading on Christopher Reeve.
"So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable"

No comments:

Post a Comment