Alex Camacho
Crosby, TX, United States
Born in Houston, Texas and raised all over living the life of an Army Brat. I Went to eight different schools (three elementary, one middle school, four high schools) and have one little brother who’s not so little anymore. I’ve been married for nearly fourteen years now to a woman who rocks my world and I've been blessed with two wonderful children. Our dog, Sally, is a big black lab saved from a local shelter.
VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE

Monday, April 25, 2005

Dusty Dicebag, a Deck of Cards, and a Saddle

It's been a long time, but I finally got a chance to dust off the dice bag this weekend. Oscar and Anthony were able to make it by the house on Saturday evening. I had planned on getting the new generator in the bus but I jumped at the chance to roleplay. They managed to find there old character sheets plus a few dice. It's always a little awkward for me getting back in the groove of things at first but then I hit cruise control if all goes well. Sometimes that moment of storytelling never happens and the whole thing is clunky and mechanical with no real sense of flow. This wasn't one of those times though. We took a good thirty minutes just trying to figure out where we left off last since it had been so long since we played but once we had dice in our hands it all came back for the most part. I stayed up way too late though after they left. I was wired and couldn't sleep. It didn't help that the dream I had the other night won't let me shake it loose. Ever had a dream that just stays with you and won't let go? I keep seeing that scene in my head over and over again and it always seems just a bit too real in the dark. Anyway, so I stayed awake a few hours longer to watch American Gun. It was a film that I've been waiting to see every since I heard about it but I probably should have waited to watch it. It was a dark but enthralling film. I did sleep like a rock when I finally fell away. In fact, I overslept.

I was supposed to get up early and hook up with the guys for some gaming but since I overslept a bit, it didn't quite work out. We did salvage the day though, and made it out to our neighborhood beach. We hadn't been yet and decided to enjoy it with friends. Micah, Kelly, the kiddos and Derek followed us out there only to find out that our key to the gate didn't work. Lana and wrestled with it for a little while before the people in the car behind us finally got frustrated enough to let us in with their key. Sure, we might possibly be locked in, but we're risk takers, what can I say? The kids had a blast and jumped right in the river despite it being a bit too chilly for my taste. I love the beach and while it's not the ocean, it's a good fix when I'm not up for the hour and a half drive to Galveston. There's just something I love about the smell of ocean water and the sound of the waves. We did get locked in by the way along with two other cars. After ten minutes or so, someone came in and let us out.

We ended up back at the house, chowed down on some pizza, and played a friendly game of poker. The pizza man has come to expect our standard five pizza order on the weekend. It came down to head's up with Kelly and me. Kelly always makes me a bit nervous when I'm playing in a pot with her. There was talk of a second game but Lana and I had riding lessons today. Yup, Lana's finally convinced me to get on a horse.

I love animals. I'm generally pretty comfortable around just about any animal. Large creatures that are capable of causing me great injury are a different matter though. I've never had great experiences around them either so I'm sure that didn't help matters.

I must say, I thoroughly enjoyed it. I did get bitten though. I can't quite call it a bite, more of a nibble. We were done with our first lesson, I was scratching an itch on my horse when our instructor started talking again. I stopped to listen when he started nosing me and "lipping" my arm. I didn't think anything about it until I felt the pinch of teeth on my arm. Apparently I wasn't supposed to stop. I got the message.

Anyway, now I'm home, and I smell like horse but I'm too damn tired to do much about it this very moment. I didn't get much sleep last night and I think I might just crawl in the lovesac for a nap. It's sounding better by the moment. Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment