Alex Camacho
Crosby, TX, United States
Born in Houston, Texas and raised all over living the life of an Army Brat. I Went to eight different schools (three elementary, one middle school, four high schools) and have one little brother who’s not so little anymore. I’ve been married for nearly fourteen years now to a woman who rocks my world and I've been blessed with two wonderful children. Our dog, Sally, is a big black lab saved from a local shelter.
VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE

Monday, April 11, 2005

Eight Years

Our wedding anniversary has come and gone along with Lana's birthday. Eight years together. We ended up going to Coushatta's on Friday to play some poker and came home to have dinner at the Melting Pot on Saturday. It's a little weird looking back and counting the years and going, "Yup, that's eight years alright." It's funny to think that we originally got married really out of a fondness for each other and that it was financially convenient.

Not only does this year mark our eight years together but it also marks the end of my military obligations. In just a few days more, I'm officially a civilian again. It feels like a weight being lifted off my shoulders that I didn't even know was there. For the past few years I've been dreading the potential phone call of re-activation but now that's gone. I don't regret the time I spent in the military but it definitely takes a toll on the family life.

In other news, all the stuff I need for the six volt to twelve volt conversion are on their way thanks to the guys at Wolfgang International. I called them up and they pretty much walked me through everything else that I had questions about. I'm pretty excited about it because it means that it's closer to being a real daily driver for me. Hopefully sometime this weekend I'll be tearing out the old wiring and installing the new stuff. There will probably be much cussing but it's all in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment