Alex Camacho
Crosby, TX, United States
Born in Houston, Texas and raised all over living the life of an Army Brat. I Went to eight different schools (three elementary, one middle school, four high schools) and have one little brother who’s not so little anymore. I’ve been married for nearly fourteen years now to a woman who rocks my world and I've been blessed with two wonderful children. Our dog, Sally, is a big black lab saved from a local shelter.
VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE

Sunday, April 3, 2005

A Married Man

Matt finally did it. He's now a married man. We left a day early to make sure we made it on time. We made the wedding rehearsal and had time to kill so we ended up bouncing from one bookstore to another. I actually got tired before Lana did. Marcel was so hyper that it wore me out just being around him. I just don't see where he gets all the energy sometimes. I wish I did because I'd love to tap that reserve. The wedding went pretty good I thought. It ran a bit late though, and we still had a drive back so we bailed a little early.

It's hard to believe it's been close to eight years ago that Matt and I were doing PT together. There's not too many guys I stayed in touch with over the years from the time I spent in the Army but I'm glad Matt and I have. He's a good guy and I'm glad to see he's found his woman. We spent many a nights gathered around my dining room table chucking dice, eating pizza, and laughing. We always paid our dues during morning PT though. It's really pretty neat, when I get to thinking about it, how many lasting friendships are made over a simple pencil and paper game. I was tempted to get him a few GURPS books at the book store as a wedding present but I didn't know what he already had.

I found a few gems at Half Price. One was an old vinyl recording of War of the Worlds: The Musical Recording along with an old coffee table book about the VW Type Two, the VW Transporter.

I've been trying to find as many pictures of 1966 Buses to find out what direction I want to go with my own baby. I think I've decided to do an original restoration with a few minor mods to catch up with the times. The major one being the electrical work. I'm in the middle of preparing a full twelve volt conversion along with a new wiring loom. The wires are so old a lot of them break if bent a little. It's going to be a little bit of a headache getting it all sorted but it'll be worth it. I have an original wiring diagram on the way thanks to Wolfsburg West. After the wiring, I'm ordering all new door rubber and window seals. Before they go on though, I'm going to have the body work done. Lots of little nicks and dents plus a few rust spots that need to be nipped in the bud before they get worse. It's going to be a busy summer but I'm looking forward to it. Right now my first mission is getting it inspection ready. Stuff like the horn, blinkers, brakelights, and low beams need to be working. It's funny, it's like Christmas every morning. I wake up and I think, "What can I work on today?"

Speaking of, I should get back to comparing prices online. 'Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment