Alex Camacho
Crosby, TX, United States
Born in Houston, Texas and raised all over living the life of an Army Brat. I Went to eight different schools (three elementary, one middle school, four high schools) and have one little brother who’s not so little anymore. I’ve been married for nearly fourteen years now to a woman who rocks my world and I've been blessed with two wonderful children. Our dog, Sally, is a big black lab saved from a local shelter.
VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE

Monday, May 23, 2005

Paintball!!!

paintball04After a good night's sleep I feel human again. I woke up a little sore but feeling pretty good despite the nasty dehydration headache I got last night. I was so damned exhausted after paintballing yesterday the only thing I was thinking about was a nice warm shower and half a bottle of conditioner. Lana says I'm pretty bruised up, which is unusual even for me after paintballing, but I hadn't bothered checking out my battle injuries at this point. At least most of mine are on my back and legs mostly unlike Ryan who seemed to be catching most of them with his ass. I can at least sit comfortably.

We got out to the field a little later than we had planned on but this time it really wasn't our fault. Okay, it wasn't my fault. After only four hours sleep I managed to crawl out of bed, pack my stuff and we hit the road. We made a pit stop to grab Anthony despite his whining about needing sleep, and sped our way to a day of self inflicted bruises. We were making damn good time thanks to Derek's warp speed driving, but all that came to a crashing halt when Matt started feeding us directions. To make a long story short, we took a few wrong turns, found the wrong cemetery, and never did find the turn off at the "top of the hill". It didn't help that the field, Panther Creek Paintball, doesn't have signs anywhere and was off some two way country dirt road. It was worth the hunt though.

The fields were well planned out, clean, and we got a cool ref. There weren't that many people out there but I can't blame them. It was hellishly hot and after a few games we were drenched in sweat. After the day was done we were reluctant to get the car with each other we smelled so bad and decided to leave the windows down all the way for the drive home. Anthony curled up in the back seat and slept like a baby. I think I dosed off a few times but I'm not really sure.

By the time I got to my house I did everything but strip on the way to the shower. I'm sure our company wouldn't have appreciated it so I refrained. It's probably a good thing we didn't end up playing poker like we had planned because I was wasted. I passed out on the couch waiting for Lana and Kelly to get back with food. I managed to crawl into bed at some point.

It was an awesome day and I hope to relax a bit before I start working more on the poker tables. I did manage to meet one of my neighbors the other day while working on the table. I had opened up the garage to let some of the heat vent out when I noticed a jogger go by. He glanced in, did a double take as most do (the microbus, the samurai costume on the fiberglass dummy, headstones by the stairs, etc.) so I didn't think anything about it. He passed by a second time, and I figured he was just making it around the block but he slowed down to look in again. The third time he actually stopped and walked in the garage to say hi. Turns out he recognized the table for what it was and could help but ask some questions. We ended up talking for a good while about poker and the games we play. He said he'd spread the word about our game and try to make it sometime. I can't remember what his name was but he seemed like a good guy and I hope he makes it out sometime.

I should get off the computer now. My dad is coming back with my kiddo in an hour and I need to get dressed. He took Marcel and Johnathon back to Mission with him for the weekend. I'm always happy to see my dad but I do wish he'd stay a little longer than he does. I'm going to drive out there as soon as I get the bus up. It'll be good to have my little man back in the house again. It always seems so damn empty in the house without him. For such a small guy his presence just fills the house. Sally's been pacing the house looking for her play partner. I have to say I feel the same. I'm outta here for now. Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment