Alex Camacho
Crosby, TX, United States
Born in Houston, Texas and raised all over living the life of an Army Brat. I Went to eight different schools (three elementary, one middle school, four high schools) and have one little brother who’s not so little anymore. I’ve been married for nearly fourteen years now to a woman who rocks my world and I've been blessed with two wonderful children. Our dog, Sally, is a big black lab saved from a local shelter.
VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE

Monday, June 13, 2005

Blaaaaaahh....

The truck is officially dead. We had it towed to Micah and Kelly's place for now until we figure out what we're going to do with it. It was going to cost us thirty five hundred for a new engine so Lana decided we'd just get a new car. I wasn't really all that enthused about it but I guess we can afford it. Everyone keeps telling me that it's an investment well worthwhile but I keep thinking about that big car note for the next four years and the extra insurance. Arg. It's a nice car though so I can't complain too much I guess.

I hadn't worked on the bus much lately mostly because I don't have room in the garage right now with all the poker tables in mid-construction. With the truck dead we've been on a holding pattern waiting for Lana's check to come in so I couldn't finish the tables. I had planned on working on the tables yesterday but my plans went belly up when I was hit by a nasty headache. I dosed myself up with ibuprofen but that just took the sharp pain out of my head and put it in my eyes. I could barely keep my eyes open so I did the only thing I could; I slept.

Not a lot going on these days other than a little poker here and there and even some roleplaying. I tried rallying the troops for San Con this year but it ended up being just Derek and me this year. It's probably for the best as this wasn't the greatest of cons. I was disappointed to say the least. I won't be going next year. I'll eventually get around to writing up my review for it as well as Owlcon. I need to just take my site page by page and start updating. Like many things, if I just maintained it, it wouldn't be the big project it is now. I've been in bit of a blahhhh mood lately. I need to get moving I guess. It's going to be a busy week. I have the midnight premiere for Batman tomorrow, poker tables to work on, and a weekend of paintball. Hopefully after a workout and some poker table construction I won't feel so damn out of phase. I need something to pull me out of this shit mood lately. Anyway. I'll return you to your regularly scheduled browsing.

No comments:

Post a Comment