Alex Camacho
Crosby, TX, United States
Born in Houston, Texas and raised all over living the life of an Army Brat. I Went to eight different schools (three elementary, one middle school, four high schools) and have one little brother who’s not so little anymore. I’ve been married for nearly fourteen years now to a woman who rocks my world and I've been blessed with two wonderful children. Our dog, Sally, is a big black lab saved from a local shelter.
VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Halloween Prep

halloweenprep01
Today I was supposed to finish up the laundry. I made a good effort but I just couldn't stay focused on it. I watched a few episodes of Law and Order but while I folded but all I could think of was how to make the Hylian Shield. I got all the way to the last load of whites when I threw in the towel and went to the garage with Marcel to work some on his Halloween costume. Yeah, it's still a bit early but with me, that's an amazing feat. He's decided to be a tusken raider this year and I think I might be one too. Since it's so early I told him we could also work on another costume he's been wanting, Link. So today I spent cutting out a sword from scrap wood (poker table wood), making molds from the tusken raider sculpture I made, and staring at pictures of Link on the computer with Marcel. It's been a pretty good day and I feel happily exhausted. Marcel's bouncing off the walls. Man, I love doing Halloween with him. I feed off his excitement. He's a little impatient at moments with my progress but I'm not exactly a pillar of patience myself. I finally decided to call it a night when I realized I had been staring at the same piece of foam board for something like five minutes wondering how I was going to carve the shield out. Somewhere in making the tusken raider costumes and the link stuff I hope to work on the bus some this week. I better not get too ahead of myself. Well, I'm off to watch a little bit of the tube before I jump in the bed. Night all! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment