Alex Camacho
Crosby, TX, United States
Born in Houston, Texas and raised all over living the life of an Army Brat. I Went to eight different schools (three elementary, one middle school, four high schools) and have one little brother who’s not so little anymore. I’ve been married for nearly fourteen years now to a woman who rocks my world and I've been blessed with two wonderful children. Our dog, Sally, is a big black lab saved from a local shelter.
VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE

Sunday, July 31, 2005

Nothin' to do

All damn night I was seeing hands in my sleep, Pushing on small stacks, raising the chip leader, and folding. It's horrible but I've begun to play poker in my sleep as well. Used to, I'd monologue my dreams when I was writing a lot. Now it's poker. I wonder if all obsessive people bring there daily lives into their dreams to such an extreme.

I'm pretty worn out today even though I hadn't done anything. I ended up going along with Mike and Tracy over to Tony's Saturday poker game. I hadn't been that often and it had been a long time since I played there. I remember it being a lot of fun so I figured if my brother was going, I'd tag along and see how I did. To make a long story short, I survived, I made a few good calls and got lucky, and I didn't get unlucky. I took down my biggest win ever for over three hundred. After all was said and done my brain sighed and when into shutdown mode out of exhaustion. I was stunned and giddy at the same time. It was a hellish game and I thought I was dead at least three times when my chip count went into the red. It was a great change up though to play in a different crowd. Everyone's style of play are so different. Plus it's reassuring to know that I do just as well in a room full of strangers as I do close friends. Everyone there was friendly, the table talk was relaxed, and I think everyone was there to have a good time. It was a really great crowd and I'd like to see some of them make it out to our game sometime.

I think today I'm going to take a poker break. In the past week I've played four tournaments and made it to at least second in all but one. My brain is a little poker numb. I figure I'll fold the last of the laundry, get some food in my belly, and relax before Micah comes over for our workout. I'm hoping I can get the dvd player working again. Marcel jammed it up pretty good with two dvd's at the same time and now it won't open despite having removed the dvd's. This will make our fourth Walmart dvd player in a year. I think I'm going to break down and by that five disc changer I've been thinking about. I'm tired of burning through cheap crap. Let's see how fast I can burn out a good dvd player.

Well, my belly's rumbling and I really should get out of pajamas and into clothes being that it's four in the afternoon. Then again, I don't really have anything to do today. :)

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment