Alex Camacho
Crosby, TX, United States
Born in Houston, Texas and raised all over living the life of an Army Brat. I Went to eight different schools (three elementary, one middle school, four high schools) and have one little brother who’s not so little anymore. I’ve been married for nearly fourteen years now to a woman who rocks my world and I've been blessed with two wonderful children. Our dog, Sally, is a big black lab saved from a local shelter.
VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

So a pair of tens walk into a flop...

The past few days have been crazy. Lots of poker. I mean LOTS of poker. The Friday game was pretty big. We had a few new folks come out to join us so we had two full tables. There was game after game after game on Friday. I didn't make it to the money on a single one of them. I did win last night though. I was feeling pretty bad about my run of wins (or the lack thereof) when I finally pull out of the short stack against Micah. The cool thing about it was Micah was also a short stacker who made a comeback. Man, I love poker.

Thanks to Micah, I've been pretty regular about our workout so lately. I've been feeling physically pretty good even if I don't get in a full night's sleep. We've even up'ed our workout a bit. We jam out to some music, talk poker, costumes, or whatever, and just catch up. Then afterwards, the girls usually grab a chair and slide up to the poker table while we all bullshit some more. I seem to find myself staring down at a pair of pocket cards more and more lately. As much as I hate to admit it, I've even had the dream or two of playing. I'm sure I'll get no end of shit from Lana who still raises me in her sleep now and then.

I really needed yesterday though. It was just a really good relaxing day around some friends. The kids ran around playing, we had some music going, there was pizza for everyone, and I think everyone had a good time. A good day was especially in order after my hellish day on Monday. I replaced a pane of glass, the mailbox post, and saw about replacing part of our neighbor's fence. Yeah, it was one of those days.

The dogs were wrestling around on the porch and next thing ya know Bree's head is slammed into the window. They sulk away guiltily only to tear some more rotten wood off the neighbor's fence. Meanwhile, I'm trying to get the mailbox's on a new post since the old one was too rotten to stick back in the mud hole in the front yard. It was just a fun-packed day.

Today I slept in after staying up to around four in the morning playing poker with Lana, Gina, Brandon, and Byrd. I'm not sure what time I woke up and I don't think I want to know. I should probably stop rambling at this point. I still need to get showered and dressed for Mike's game tonight - correction in an hour. :)

Well, I'm off to play some poker!

No comments:

Post a Comment