Alex Camacho
Crosby, TX, United States
Born in Houston, Texas and raised all over living the life of an Army Brat. I Went to eight different schools (three elementary, one middle school, four high schools) and have one little brother who’s not so little anymore. I’ve been married for nearly fourteen years now to a woman who rocks my world and I've been blessed with two wonderful children. Our dog, Sally, is a big black lab saved from a local shelter.
VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE

Monday, August 15, 2005

Blast from the Past

Derek, Micah and me bellied up to the poker table, settled in, and went to war. Yup, I finally broke in my copy of Axis & Allies! I bought it near six months ago and just now opened up the little baggies inside. I love opening a new game up. It's a lot like opening a new book but this you get to do with friends. I've never played Axis & Allies before and always wanted to. Whenever I saw the price tag on the box I always said I'll get it later. At fifty dollars it's not exactly my standard impulse buy at Nan's. I had a gift certificate burning a hole in my pocket that Laura gave to me for Christmas so I finally did it. Something really fun about tearing open all the little baggies, organizing the troops, arranging all the ships, interpreting the rules amongst friends and the fresh smell of a board game.

I have to say, I really enjoy the game. I can see this game being a top ten game. I only wish I had discovered it sooner. I knew it was a popular game but I never knew how much. I did a search on google and found clubs, organizations, strategy guides, etc. I have a feeling the next few games we play are going to be vicious. Micah's been reading up on some of the sites too plus taking advice from a long-time player at work. I can't wait to roll with my German tanks again. I dreamed of playing the damn game. I dreamt I was in Washington again visiting Karen for her graduation but this time with my family and some friends. We played a game of Axis & Allies in her parents living room. At some point in the dream I was living back at home with Mike and my dad, flying the Planet Express, trick or treating after making formation, and feeding the HUGE fish tank that took up most of my dad's living room. Does any of that mean anything other than I shouldn't eat ice cream before bed???

It did get me wondering about Karen though. I hadn't heard from her in ages and we sort of lost touch after the whole Mary saga part of my life. We had been good friends for a long time, even boyfriend and girlfriend back in middle school, and everything just sort of got crushed before I knew what happened. There were a few awkward phone calls after Mary moved out but nothing ever got resolved between us. Lana and I started dating shortly after wards and you know the rest. Anyway, it got me wondering about how she's been over the years, so I googled her. Who knows, maybe she blogs right? Turns out she's got a high school reunion coming up on Marcel's birthday. Funny how the universe works out sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment