Alex Camacho
Crosby, TX, United States
Born in Houston, Texas and raised all over living the life of an Army Brat. I Went to eight different schools (three elementary, one middle school, four high schools) and have one little brother who’s not so little anymore. I’ve been married for nearly fourteen years now to a woman who rocks my world and I've been blessed with two wonderful children. Our dog, Sally, is a big black lab saved from a local shelter.
VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE

Sunday, August 21, 2005

A Dip in the River

theriver01Man, today was just a good day. I slept in with Lana as usual but today just felt good. We goofed off for a while trying to get the motivation to get out of bed and finally a deal was struck. I go to the store for her smokes and Diet Dr. Pepper and she'll cook breakfast. I liked my original deal better but she wasn't budging. I was willing to cook and go to the store for a favor imparted by her. I decided to take Sally out for a walk around the neighborhood after breakfast. I was going to try taking Bree along with me but I didn't feel like wrestling with her on the leash the whole walk. Sally's still needs a little work but she's so much easier to walk with. We walked around the neighborhood and it just felt good to be outside and stretching my legs. I was half tempted to jog a little but then a better idea occurred to me. I could be swimming in the river. The weather was perfect for it and I was already imagining the cool water. I picked up my step, and before too long, Sally and me were back home loading up the truck. Lana opted to stay inside today, catch up on her tivo'd horse shows, and read some. I was a little disappointed but I still had my mind set on the the hot sand and cool water. Fifteen minutes after my walk and I was splashing in the river with the dogs and boys.

It was just a perfect day for it too. It wasn't all that crowded at all. There were only a few other people there and most of them were there for just a quiet late afternoon dip like us. There was some boat traffic going back and forth but most of them were polite to slow down when passing by. I spent most of my time just swimming lazily back and forth while keeping an eye on the boys. Marcel and Ryan went back and forth from the water to building "the monster ant hill". By the time we left it was pretty damn big. They were both pretty wiped out by the time the water was getting too cold to swim. The dogs had long since called it quits along with me.

It was an excellent day for doing nothing at all and I'm happy to say I utilized every moment. I even captured a few in photos since I found the camera still in the truck buried under some stuff in the back. In fact, I'm rather proud of them so go check them out. My favorite is, of course, the last look back. ;)

Well, I've got Micah and Chris arriving any moment for our workout.

'Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment