Alex Camacho
Crosby, TX, United States
Born in Houston, Texas and raised all over living the life of an Army Brat. I Went to eight different schools (three elementary, one middle school, four high schools) and have one little brother who’s not so little anymore. I’ve been married for nearly fourteen years now to a woman who rocks my world and I've been blessed with two wonderful children. Our dog, Sally, is a big black lab saved from a local shelter.
VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE

Thursday, October 13, 2005

A Record is Set!

tusken01We're in full Halloween mode here at the Camacho ranch and things are going well. I've set a record this year. I'm over two weeks early on Marcel's costume but the bad news is I can't be a Tusken Raider with him. Once I pulled the Fiberglas mask from the mold I knew there would be no fitting it on my face without a lot of trimming and major rigging. It wasn't worth it so I focused on just finishing Marcel's. I'm thinking of going as Loki from the movie Dogma, towards the end of the movie when they're sporting their armor and wings. It should be simple enough I think. I'm undecided if I'll do the wings. It really depends on how much time I have I guess. Micah's Achilles mask is looking good so far but we'll know for sure when we pull the plaster mold off the clay. We've still got a ways to go but I'm relieved there won't be any rushing around for my little man's costume. Heck, he almost missed his horse riding lesson just so he could play with his costume. My garage is trashed but that was to be expected. I'll clean it up probably sometime after Christmas.

It's hard to describe the feeling of satisfaction I get from seeing him so happy from something we did together. He helped me mix the plaster for the molds, he spray painted the Gaffi stick, he held down the pvc while I drilled the flash suppressor holes, helped me sew, but most important I think he had fun. I wish I had taken more photos of the process but I really just wanted to get it done. Besides, the guys at Studio Creations have a very comprehensive tutorial I'm very grateful for.

I'm thinking next year we'll make a few more but for adults plus there's the Stormtrooper armor I want to make. Until then though, I still have a lot on my plate. We need to do some headstones for the yard, get decorations and stock up on liquor for the party. Well, back to work I guess. Man, I love Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment