Alex Camacho
Crosby, TX, United States
Born in Houston, Texas and raised all over living the life of an Army Brat. I Went to eight different schools (three elementary, one middle school, four high schools) and have one little brother who’s not so little anymore. I’ve been married for nearly fourteen years now to a woman who rocks my world and I've been blessed with two wonderful children. Our dog, Sally, is a big black lab saved from a local shelter.
VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Daily Grind

Man, it's been the same ol' shit for the past few days. I needa break out or somethin. I was hoping to get some paintballing in, but the timing is all wrong. Lana's going to be out of town this weekend (out showing horses again), and next is Thanksgiving weekend. So it looks as though we won't be paintballing until next month. Arg. I hate having to be patient. I might just go out this Saturday to Paintball Zone to burn off a few bags of paint. Might even hit Bonanza too if I'm still needing a fix on Sunday.

I've decided to take a little poker break. I find myself getting more frustrated than I should be at the poker table. I've always believed that when a game stops becoming fun, you should stop playing. I'm taking a week off and see if I feel any better about the game. I won't go into any details but here lately if I come in with the best hand I'm going to be outdrawn. It's as simple as that. Last Friday I got busted out in the first game with cowboys, and got busted out with rockets in the second. That's my run of luck lately so I'm taking a breather. This Friday I'll be hosting the game, but I'm going to belly up to play a game of Zombies with Derek and Micah. I'll be arming myself against dangerous zombies while everyone else watch the blinds. I'm looking forward to a good game of Zombies and I might just pick up the fourth expansion before then.

I'm pretty tired right now and should probably get off here for now. I just got out of the shower and managed to get all the grease and dirt off my hands and face. Chris came over earlier and we put new brakes and spark plugs on his truck. With the two of us working together we managed it. We jammed out to his mp3 player in his truck and just caught up on a lot of stuff. It probably took us longer than someone who actually knows his way around an engine and tools but we had a manual to walk us through it safely. Well, I'm off to read watch a movie and read some before calling it a night. 'Night all!

3 comments:

  1. Don't worry about bringing the cards if your not going to play. I got som e backups. Getting out drawn sucks ass, it hurts more when you play the hand the best possible way. It makes you second guess your moves, when you start to do that I think its time for a break. Thats a part of the reason why I stopped running my wedsday night game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I recall, I have never ever sucked out on you (well, unless you count pre-flop all-ins heads up) or cracked a big pocket pair of yours. So there :P

    But I do understand the poker break. Not that can see myself taking one any time soon or anything. ;)

    -- Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't mind stopping by to drop the cards off. It gives me a chance to visit with the munchkins before the game. I'll probably catch a movie, maybe Jarhead.
    It hasn't just been a few bad beats, although there have been more than a few memorable ones. It's been a combination of bad beats, straight up bad luck, and playing a little on tilt to top it off. I can't blame anyone for any of that other than myself so I needa take a breather and remember it is just a game. :)
    Good luck at the game tomorrow. I'll see ya when I stop by.

    ReplyDelete