Alex Camacho
Crosby, TX, United States
Born in Houston, Texas and raised all over living the life of an Army Brat. I Went to eight different schools (three elementary, one middle school, four high schools) and have one little brother who’s not so little anymore. I’ve been married for nearly fourteen years now to a woman who rocks my world and I've been blessed with two wonderful children. Our dog, Sally, is a big black lab saved from a local shelter.
VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE

Thursday, November 24, 2005

A Full Belly and Quad Bitches

Turkey day is now just a memory and many leftovers. We didn't go to Mexico like we'd originally planned but things came out pretty damn good despite. I feel a little bad about not going but it just didn't work out this time so we're planning sometime before new year. This year Lana managed to throw together a very nice Thanksgiving dinner with only a few hours notice. There was the incident with her not turning on the oven for the turkey breast but the ham came out good. We all ate too much and ended up bringing down one of the poker tables for a little Thanksgiving tournament. Brandon and Gina joined us for the game and we just sat around visiting. It's been a while since we had a friendly, small game on the spur of the moment like that so it was really nice. It was even nicer when I quaded my pocket queens on the turn. It's only the second time I've quaded!! :)

Man, my stomach is just revolting at me for eating as much as I did. I stuffed myself, no pun intended, on Laura's stuffing. Lana got the recipe from her mom and made it. I've never been able to eat stuffing until I tried Laura's. As a kid, the smell of it would make me gag. My mom even made me eat it one year because she thought I was just faking it. Why she would think this I don't know. I would eat anything as a kid. My mom could have put a pile of monkey brains on my plate and I would have eaten it without much thought of what it was so long as it tasted eatable. I remember trying with all my might to not let the stuffing come back up but I don't think I won that battle. I always looked forward to Thanksgiving with a weary eye wondering if this was the year my mom would try to make me eat it again. She'd probably be upset if she knew that I found a stuffing I liked that wasn't hers. Women.

I won the tournament! It was only a seven person game but I felt good about most of my moves throughout the game. Mike and I ended up heads up. He played an aggressive game but I managed to call a few key bluffs to take the win. It always scares the piss out of me when it's just Mike and me playing. He's such a good reader that I find it hard to do anything other than focus on not giving anything away. Nevermind I never know if my reads off him are any good. I never know what he's going to roll over but it's good to know that I'm not the only one. I think I played a good game and it's the first time in a while I've been happy with my play. Let's see if I can keep that feeling and carry it over to the game this Friday. I still feel a little bad for putting those quads on Helen's nut flush but... I did quad on the turn where she hit the flush on the river. ;)

Well, I need to roll myself into bed and digest. 'S been a good day says my belly...


Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!

2 comments:

  1. Alex, you are a dirty, dirty bastard. Ok, you quadded your bitches on the turn, BUT! You still sucked out on my straight with your flush on the river after my incredible come back... and I had less than the small blind and was almost to a starting stack in like four hands, but nooooo. Fuck a chip and a chair. I don't want to hear you compain about being sucked out on ever, ever again.

    You and Mike did both play really, really well last night. Looks like you are back on your game :D

    -- Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually that ain't how it went down. ;)
    You were all in preflop and it was was subtantually less than ten percent of my stack to make a loose call to eliminate a player by checking it down with another player, Lana. Ya made it too cheap for me to say no. As Micah is so fond of pointing out, it's not a suck out preflop no matter how durty it feels. :)
    Lana tripped or paired up, you hit the straight and I had second nut flush with a king. Sometimes the flop just fucks ya, trust me I know.
    Sometimes your the windshield, sometimes your the bug... ;)
    I only hope that I can continue to get lucky when I need it, not get unlucky, and play my best game. Fuck it, I hope I get lucky...

    ReplyDelete