Alex Camacho
Crosby, TX, United States
Born in Houston, Texas and raised all over living the life of an Army Brat. I Went to eight different schools (three elementary, one middle school, four high schools) and have one little brother who’s not so little anymore. I’ve been married for nearly fourteen years now to a woman who rocks my world and I've been blessed with two wonderful children. Our dog, Sally, is a big black lab saved from a local shelter.
VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE

Tuesday, November 1, 2005

Halloween!!

Halloween is over. It's always a pleasantly sad thing saying goodbye to Halloween around here. I love all the preparation, the tension of meeting a deadline, the fun of making stuff, the relief, and best of all seeing the final results. This year I actually got my headstones done plus a few extra, Marcel's costume came out great, Lana looked incredible, and my costume was superb. This year Allison and Lana made my costume so I got to focus on just my headstones and Marcel's costume. I was a little worried since I didn't try anything on until sometime around Thursday but they never missed a beat even though they did later confess to being a little worried about being done on time. Man, I love Halloween.

halloween2005_01


This is the first time in a while I've sat down at my computer to do something other than run a poker game or look at something other than costuming sites. I'm already planning for next year's cemetery gates, more headstones and a scarecrow in the front yard. I was a little disappointed this year with the rain and the power going out but all in all, I think the kids still had fun. I'm pretty tired right now. It's been an exhausting past week. Between Halloween and poker it's been non-stop around here.

This year Allison and Lana decided to move the Halloween party to our house. Keep in mind I've been slacking in my usual house duties since Halloween took over my garage. Dirty clothes everywhere, dishes from a week ago, sticky countertops, toys everywhere, etc. So I caught up on all my household chores in a matter of just five hours with Lana's help. Amazing.

The party went great - I think. There was plenty of booze to go around, many a happy drunks, and lots of laughter so I'd call that a success. I'll be posting the pictures later when I feel a little more up to the task. My hair still feels like I mopped the floor with it since I've been wearing braids and beads in it since Saturday. The biggest mess I had to clean after the party was probably wiping off the layer of spilled booze on my counters and cleaning the rim of the toilet after someone prayed to the porcelain throne. I hope they're feeling better. ;)

On a quick note, I made the Freeroll Tournament! I pulled a win out of my ass and clawed my way in as last act of desperation. I managed to pull off a first place win to bump many others. In the middle of the game Tracy told me I pretty much had to take first and hope about half a dozen players didn't make it past fifth just for a chance at getting in. It was like High School all over. Slacking all year around with my only chance of passing being to ace the finals. It's a good feeling tinged with a little guilt but a good feeling nonetheless.

Well, I should go for now. I need to finish cleaning my kitchen and get something to eat - After I wash the grit and waxy stuff out my hair. Man, I love Halloween but it's always nice to say goodbye. :)

2 comments:

  1. Ahem.... And why does he feel guily? I note he has nothing to say about putting a dirty ass beat on his wife to get that seat in the tourny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I feel a little guilty 'bout that durty beat but you let me get away with it! How was I supposed to know the flop would come out 6,6,10 with me holding 6,2 off?
    I got caught with my hand in the cookie jar raising like that then, bam!!! I flopped durty trip 6's!!
    I looove you... :)

    ReplyDelete