Alex Camacho
Crosby, TX, United States
Born in Houston, Texas and raised all over living the life of an Army Brat. I Went to eight different schools (three elementary, one middle school, four high schools) and have one little brother who’s not so little anymore. I’ve been married for nearly fourteen years now to a woman who rocks my world and I've been blessed with two wonderful children. Our dog, Sally, is a big black lab saved from a local shelter.
VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE

Monday, December 12, 2005

Oh Christmas Tree...

I've been a little absent from the computer for a while now. I've been slacking on my email as well as posting. It hasn't been any one thing but an accumulation of things I guess. Plus it doesn't help that my computer mysteriously went into a rebooting loop on Saturday. I've been avoiding my computer since then because I don't know if I'll be able to fix it. Arg. Man, I hate computers some days.

We finally got our Christmas tree up. We intended to get it this weekend but with poker on Friday and Allison's party on Saturday, it wasn't until Sunday we could get out to pick one up. We drove out with Micah and Kelly to some place out here in Crosby where you could cut down your own tree but we were after a bigger tree. Micah and Kelly found a nice one that he took down with a hacksaw. We ended up heading out Fuddruckers for dinner and relaxed back at the house making ornaments with the kids. It was a nice way to end the weekend plus we managed to grab a tree at the local floral shop around the corner.

Today we busted out the rest of our decorations, got the lights out, put the ornaments on and I struggled to lift Marcel up to get the star on. I don't pick him up near as much as I used to and I forget how stout he is. The star is inches from the ceiling but I think the tree hunt this year went well.

We ended the evening by breaking out the Operation game we got from the Christmas party. We did a white elephant thing and Lana wanted the Operation game. I never actually played so it was pretty cool. To top it off, it's the talking Homer edition. Turns out, I'm not bad at it. ;)

Well, I'm off to read some before I go to bed. I finally had to finish reading Redemption Ark. Man, I love good sci-fi. I always try to savor the last few chapters but in a moment of weakness I gorged the last few chapters down. What an amazing writer. Right now I'm going back to re-read the Jordan series. This time I've started with New Spring though. I finally got in my replacement books so I can start reading the series again. Last time I read the series, back in 1993, I tore through them so fast one book blended into the next. I remember having to wait for all the books after book five to come out, eagerly waiting to devour the next part of the story. Since I spent most of my day working in my High School library I had plenty of reading time. To make matters worse I was reading a pretty big sci-fi series, Galactic Milieu Trilogy, and having to wait for the next book on that one as well. When I got married and we moved off to Tennessee, I finally got Lana to read The Eye of the World. I should have known better. Lana doesn't read books. She devours them. Paperbacks fall apart while she races to finish them before they fall completely apart. They're left unreadable most of the time, including hardbacks. Turns out her dad is the same way so most of my Jordan books had broken spines, food stains, torn jackets, and wrinkled pages where coffee, coke or tea was spilled. Okay, I'm a bit anal about my books but I enjoy books the way some people enjoy food. I love the smell of freshly printed books, the smell of an old shelved book, the weight of a good novel and the different textures to different type of paper. I'm a firm believer that a well loved book should last a lifetime. Anyway, I replaced my messed up Jordan books and I'm pretty hyped about reading through them again but this time with a little control. No gorging this time.

Well, off to feed the brain. 'Night! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment