Alex Camacho
Crosby, TX, United States
Born in Houston, Texas and raised all over living the life of an Army Brat. I Went to eight different schools (three elementary, one middle school, four high schools) and have one little brother who’s not so little anymore. I’ve been married for nearly fourteen years now to a woman who rocks my world and I've been blessed with two wonderful children. Our dog, Sally, is a big black lab saved from a local shelter.
VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

UFC and a Few Beers Later...

    I decided to have a small poker break and relaxed a bit this weekend. On Saturday, I invited over friends and we watched UFC 60. I bought the usual mix of chips, salsa, cheese, cokes, and beer. Lana, who's been watching UFC as long as I have, wanted to watch with the guys so she got snacky food too. Needless to say, I think we over did the food but I don't think there were any complaints. Between the huge platter of salami, cheese and olives, cheesecake slices, sandwich slices, kish bites, and chips, there was no need to order pizza.

The first few fights were fast and a little disappointing but the main event more than made up for it. My bets were on Matt Hughes since the beginning, back when some Dragon Ball Z fighter was the champ. I read Carlos Newton still fights but in Pride now. Fucking Dragonball Z Jiu-jitsu... What kind of silly ass shit is that?? Lana and I watched Hughes win the belt, destroy fighter after fighter, lose the belt, and regain it. His game has come a long way and he's only become tougher over the years, but he's never lost his sense of sportsmanship. I think he's one of the most well rounded fighters out there and that's what it takes to be a champion in the octagon now days. The days of men like Gracie are over. To quote Newsday.com,
"The nostalgic man picked Gracie, but the betting man had Hughes."

There ended up being like three more fights afterwards. We watched the first fight after the main event but by that time it was all just foreplay until we went to the office for a late night poker game. I was a little past buzzing by the time I made my way up the stairs but that just meant I had to go a little slower so I didn't drop my beer. Priorities.

I read somewhere that Matt Hughes plays poker. I should invite him to our game if he's ever in Houston...
Hey, if you haven't seen X-men yet, you need to. I was a little worried about this one with a new director but all that worry went out the window. Without giving anything away there was a lot more explosions for those who need that, the bad cheese was kept to a minimum ("Do you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut bitch!"), but most importantly it was a good story told well that flowed very well. Go see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment