Alex Camacho
Crosby, TX, United States
Born in Houston, Texas and raised all over living the life of an Army Brat. I Went to eight different schools (three elementary, one middle school, four high schools) and have one little brother who’s not so little anymore. I’ve been married for nearly fourteen years now to a woman who rocks my world and I've been blessed with two wonderful children. Our dog, Sally, is a big black lab saved from a local shelter.
VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE

Monday, June 12, 2006

Dusty Dice

I actually had to find my dice today. It's sad really, that I wasn't sure where they were considering how much I really enjoy roleplaying. Oscar called me up sometime in the middle of the week wanting to roleplay. I'll admit I didn't think it would happen considering how many times we've tried in the past to get a game together. So I found my dice bag buried under a pile of flash cards and Marcel's reading books, loaded up my books and made the long trek to the other side of town. It took me almost an hour to get to Anthony's new place but it worked out. We ended up gaming until nearly eleven in the evening. It feels good to be gaming again even if it probably won't happen for another few months. Hopefully we'll get another game together soon. We sat around bullshitting for a few hours while they finished their characters, made gay jokes about Oscar (as usual), then got down to business of rolling the dice. Lemme tell you, I was rolling crits like a madman. I think I honestly came really close to accidentally killing Oscar's character. Maybe GM dice charge like powerstones... It was good to hang out with Oscar and Anthony again for something other than on poker night.

My poker hiatus is over and it's back to the dealer chair. This Friday is our regular game again so sometime this week I need to send out the reminder emails. I'm kinda looking forward to it. I really needed the break, but it'll be good to see everyone at the game again. I even skipped Mike's game last Thursday although I did plan on making it. I ended up making a plaster mold of Tracy and Abbey's foot. Something about them wanting a Fiberglas casting of their feet to make boots. It did get me to thinking about Halloween. It's really not all that far away and I should start thinking about making headstones, cemetery gates, and stone statues. I've got a lot of work ahead of me. Tomorrow I'm making a priority list. I've become a list person somehow. Not sure when it happened but I find myself making lists for everything. It's a bit like office supply stores, libraries, and organizing my magic cards. Just the act of writing one is soothing and makes me happy. I don't get a stiffy or nothin but I like making lists lately. I think I'm safe from true nerdism so long I don't start carrying a small notebook to jot new lists down as I think of them. Maybe a digital recorder though...

I should really get off here and get some sleep. It's three in the morning and I'm exhausted. I ended up not going to bed until around six in the morning. Lana and I stayed up watching The Skeleton Key. I had seen in the theatre but I never could get Lana to go with me. So I tivo'd it as soon as it premiered on cable. She actually liked it and wanted to watch it again right afterwards. We'll probably end up watching it again tonight. Such a cool movie if you haven't seen it. One of the best movies I've seen in a awhile. Anyway, I'm rambling. 'Night.

Oh, click on My Map and add yourself!!

1 comment:

  1. The lists.... it's called getting old. Can't remember shit syndrome. Now if only I could remember where I put the list!

    ReplyDelete