Alex Camacho
Crosby, TX, United States
Born in Houston, Texas and raised all over living the life of an Army Brat. I Went to eight different schools (three elementary, one middle school, four high schools) and have one little brother who’s not so little anymore. I’ve been married for nearly fourteen years now to a woman who rocks my world and I've been blessed with two wonderful children. Our dog, Sally, is a big black lab saved from a local shelter.
VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE

Monday, June 19, 2006

Father's Day

Another Father's day in the books. I hadn't really planned on doing much really. Lana's out of town so it's been just Marcel and me. My dad was in town for a few days but he left on Saturday so there went any plans my brother and I had with him. I even bought him a card and all, thinking I could give it to him. Anyway, like I said, I hadn't planned on doing much but I couldn't stand just staying in on Father's Day. I could hang curtains or clean my garage but instead I decided to take Marcel out to eat. Fuck it, we've been good right? It's been almost a whole week and we hadn't been out to eat once. So Marcel and I went to try out Asian City Chinese & Japanese restaurant over by Deerbrook Mall. I ate until I was full than I ate a few more bites it was so good. The sushi was pretty good but the scallops were amazing. I was a little worried Marcel wouldn't like any of the food there once I saw the menu. He was in a steak kinda mood and I was craving seafood so it worked out. So we ordered up some sushi, soup, and salad while we chatted about Mario, Yoshi, the difference between a standard mount and epic mount, our favorite cartoon episodes, and our plans for this Halloween. Marcel's been a real chatter box these days and it's not always easy to give him my full attention when he seems to want it every given moment. Here lately he seems to be everywhere I turn asking me questions and talking but I try to remember how I looked up to my dad at that age. I keep reminding myself there's going to come a day when he won't want my attention like that and I'm going to miss it horribly.

So I basked in the attention of my son while I still have it. It was nice, just him and me. Afterward we hobbled our way out to the car and drove to the movies where we numbed our brains with Garfield and laughed until our stomachs ached at Cars. If you haven't seen Cars, you need to. I haven't laughed that hard in a movie theatre in a while. Hopefully we'll see it again at the drive-in on the way back from getting Lana from Oklahoma. Lana spotted one showing Cars on the way up there. I didn't even know there were any drive-ins left in Texas anymore. Last time I went to a drive-in Grimlins was still in the theaters, my dad was driving a VW Vanagon (one with a camper pop top!), and I still thought Santa was real. Marcel and Lana have never been. I'm really looking forward to it.

Oh, Happy Belated Father's day to all you lucky dads!

No comments:

Post a Comment