Alex Camacho
Crosby, TX, United States
Born in Houston, Texas and raised all over living the life of an Army Brat. I Went to eight different schools (three elementary, one middle school, four high schools) and have one little brother who’s not so little anymore. I’ve been married for nearly fourteen years now to a woman who rocks my world and I've been blessed with two wonderful children. Our dog, Sally, is a big black lab saved from a local shelter.
VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE

Sunday, July 30, 2006

The Poker Brain Train Switches Tracks

Yesterday I headed out to Tony's for the first time in quite a while. He decided to hold a small twenty dollar buyin tournament so Lana, Mike and me decided to give it a shot. None of us made it to the money but we did have a good time. It was really good to see that group of folks again with a few new faces. We ended up playing the .25/.50 cash game until the early morning hours. I'm really liking cash games over tournaments these days. I'd have laughed if someone said I'd favor cash games over a tournament a year ago but I'm finding I like the relaxed atmosphere of a cash game far more then the stressed out "I gotta double up to stay alive" feeling always hovering over you. Mike made out like a bandit making around two hundred at the table. I cashed out for over a hundred and having never reloaded, made our tournament buyin back plus ten. Lana reloaded but made her all of her money back by the time we left for home. We had a really great time and I'm really looking forward to Monday now. Mike, me and Oscar are heading out to a $1/$2 cash game. To make a long story short, I feel like my tournament game sucks these days but I do well at the cash games. I seriously thinking about turning one night a month into a cash game. (insert feedback here)

I'm hoping to hear back from a scout leader sometime today. I finally got around to see about putting Marcel in the Boy Scouts. I remember always having fun even when it was just Mike in and me tagging along to the meetings. I think Marcel will have fun and hopefully it'll be something for me to direct some of my misdirected time and energy towards. I think I'm more excited about it than he is. ;)

With Marcel getting ready to go back to school I do plan on getting my EMS license back this year. I really miss the excitement of the job. I miss going on calls, the adrenaline of assessing a situation. I'm not really an adrenaline junky but damn it was fun. I really shouldn't have let my stuff lapse because now I gotta pay for all my training this time plus I can't simply test out anymore. It really blows but I probably need the refresher too so I can't complain too loudly.

Well, I should get going. I'm so exhausted though and I think I might just relax today. We stayed up until the sun came up on Friday, I stayed up to pick up stitch from the vet (he had the boys removed), I slept for a few restless hours, then we left for the poker game at Tony's. It's been a busy weekend. Maybe we should go out the to the drive in tonight. There's a few movies I wanna see...
Later!

1 comment:

  1. Is there a nearby drive in ALex???????????? Been holding out on me?
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete