Alex Camacho
Crosby, TX, United States
Born in Houston, Texas and raised all over living the life of an Army Brat. I Went to eight different schools (three elementary, one middle school, four high schools) and have one little brother who’s not so little anymore. I’ve been married for nearly fourteen years now to a woman who rocks my world and I've been blessed with two wonderful children. Our dog, Sally, is a big black lab saved from a local shelter.
VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Beer, Blood, Two Cakes, and Fifteen Pizzas Later

marcelbdayparty08_061Well, I think I finally got the house clean from this weekend. I haven't felt that drained in a while. I swear to never plan two parties back to back after our usual Friday night poker. Who the hell let me smoke that crack???

On Friday, after picking Marcel up from school, I went straight to the airport to get Lana. She was gone almost a full week in Vegas. After visiting with her for a little while on our way home and grabbing a bite to eat, we went home to prepare for the poker game. We called it quits sometime around three I think after running a second game. We crawled into bed only to be up early the next day to clean, and decorate for the UFC fight which became a surprise party for Roel. To add a little more excitement to an already busy weekend our hot water heater broke spilling water all over the laundry room. I spent most of the day before the fight decorating and mopping up water. I was sweeping water into the drain all night long to keep it from spilling into the kitchen. Many beers later and half a cake later we called it a night and crawled into bed around five in the morning. I was pretty drunk and slept like crap. The house was thoroughly trashed and I remember vaguely K.C. walking around cleaning. My gawd, I don't know what we would have done without her because there was trash everywhere. Normally it's not a big deal but Marcel's birthday party was on Sunday bright and early (for us anyway).

I woke to a very nice buzzing hangover and a very excited eight year old. We took our cold showers, rushed out to the barn to meet our other hungover friends and commenced the birthday party of horse rides, face painting and racing. I felt half human sometime around one, once the buzzing in my head cleared. We migrated back to the house sometime around two for pizza, cake and presents. Chris past out on the couch a couple of times, Mike snuck off for a power nap before cake and presents, and Shawn fell asleep huddled in a ball of blankets later in the day. Despite the lack of sleep, the exhaustion, and hangover, I was thoroughly and completely happy with how things went. Fifteen pizzas later, two birthday cakes and lots of alcohol later we rested on Monday by going to Lowe's to buy a new water heater. I enjoyed my first hot shower since Friday night sometime around eleven at night before going to Walmart to stock up on groceries. I slept like a rock last night. I plan on doing the same tonight. Eventually I'll feel rested again. ;)

I've even managed to post the pictures from Roel's birthday party as well as Marcel's. Those who had cameras should email me what ya got so I can add em to the albums.
Off to take a nap I think...

1 comment:

  1. Great Site, great content! Thanks!!!!! My homepage: Spyware Remover

    ReplyDelete