Alex Camacho
Crosby, TX, United States
Born in Houston, Texas and raised all over living the life of an Army Brat. I Went to eight different schools (three elementary, one middle school, four high schools) and have one little brother who’s not so little anymore. I’ve been married for nearly fourteen years now to a woman who rocks my world and I've been blessed with two wonderful children. Our dog, Sally, is a big black lab saved from a local shelter.
VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

A Room With A View

lagunabeach01Lana's been gone since Sunday on her Laguna Beach business trip. She's been staying at the Montage where she's been getting spoiled rotten with massages, spa treatments, hot tubs, room service, and a pool right by the beach. I hate when she's gone this long but I also can't help but be just a tad jealous. She's having a good time I think and she really could use the relaxation. The picture to the right is the view from her balcony. Beats the shit out of my view of the intersection out the office window right now.

I've been keeping myself busy with finally getting around to cleaning the garage and installing the new sink in the bathroom. The toilet now leaks so sometime soon I'll need to get a new wax ring and redo it. But we now have a nice sink in the bathroom. Just don't lean on it. It's not bracketed to the wall just yet but the pedestal is bolted to the floor. The reapers are coming along nicely. I got one all wired up and ready for burlap. I started to fit it earlier today but I realized I need to iron out the fold lines first. I'm going to need more burlap for the other one. I'll have just enough to finish one. Halloween is far too close for me to be fucking around now and I'm starting to get the last minute panics. Probably good that I get them now. Maybe it'll kick my ass into gear to start working on my costume and Marcel's. He's going as Link this year but his sword and shield are mostly done. The only thing really left to do on his costume is the sewing and fitting. Mine is another matter. This year I'm going to try to make the chest armor plate from Dogma with the torn off wings. It's a little more complicated than it sounds. There's four molds to make and some chainmail involved plus the prosthetic wing nubs to attach. To top it off, the Fiberglas needs to have a very smooth finish that can be polished. I haven't even started sculpting yet. I need a back up plan in case I can't get done in time. I hate that panicky feeling. I've been walking around with it lately in my pocket but I think it's just an accumulation of stuff I need to get done building up. Day to day stuff plus all the projects on the burners all seem to be just humping me to the ground. One bite at a time...

Anyway, I guess I should get back to work. I need to iron out those fold lines in the burlap, get another load of laundry started and make Marcel some dinner after I've gone over his homework. Maybe even break out the clay and at least get it fitted onto my Fiberglas dummy so I can start sculpting tomorrow. Busy, busy, busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment