Alex Camacho
Crosby, TX, United States
Born in Houston, Texas and raised all over living the life of an Army Brat. I Went to eight different schools (three elementary, one middle school, four high schools) and have one little brother who’s not so little anymore. I’ve been married for nearly fourteen years now to a woman who rocks my world and I've been blessed with two wonderful children. Our dog, Sally, is a big black lab saved from a local shelter.
VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Christmas is ah Comin'

Christmas has is just about here. You know you're no longer a kid when you count holidays by your next paycheck. This next check is officially "Christmas Money" so it's time to start getting in the Christmas mood. We actually put out lights this year! We talk about it every year and just never seem to get around to it. I think the last time we put up Christmas lights was the first year we were married. We put a few strings up in the window. This year we put close to twenty strings of lights out. It looks awesome but we did go through around a dozen fusses before finally realizing a chain max is somewhere around six strings of lights. This may be common knowledge to most but I thought I'd pass that along to the rest of us who didn't know this. Now we just got to get our tree. Maybe that's what I need to really "feel" the Christmas mood. That isn't to say I've been down but I just ain't feeling the Christmas mood I usually do this time of year. It's the Christmas tree. The smell of a fresh tree just makes it feel right. Maybe it's just that smell that triggers old childhood memories.

Speaking of childhood memories, I recently got a scanner. I've been digging through all our photos, scanning to my heart's content. I found pictures I didn't know I had. I'll eventually get around to putting some of them on my photo album pages. A few of them are in pretty bad shape though and I'm hoping to restore them. There's a few old school portraits of Mike and me, some family pictures with my mom, and lots of baby pictures of my Marcel. I've been scanning pictures pretty much non-stop when I'm anywhere near my computer. The idea of losing any of these pictures is a pretty scary thought. We've had them boxed up for so long, it's nice to see them again. Eventually we'll get some picture frames and put some of them up. All things eventually...

I'll leave ya with a few gems of Christmas past. ;)


christmas1986_01lanasridinghelmet
christmas_johnathonandsantamarcelwithsanta1999

No comments:

Post a Comment