Alex Camacho
Crosby, TX, United States
Born in Houston, Texas and raised all over living the life of an Army Brat. I Went to eight different schools (three elementary, one middle school, four high schools) and have one little brother who’s not so little anymore. I’ve been married for nearly fourteen years now to a woman who rocks my world and I've been blessed with two wonderful children. Our dog, Sally, is a big black lab saved from a local shelter.
VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Merry Christmas!!!

Christmas is finally over. I'm relieved and sad at the same time. We spent Christmas Eve with family at the house this year with Lana's dad manning the grill. Since Mike and Xiomara decided to spend Christmas morning at their house this year we had the all kids open their presents from us together. We ate too much food, had some dessert, and sat around assembling Legos and pirate ships for the kids until it got late. It was a very nice evening. Lana, Helen and me ended up staying up into the early morning hours after Marcel had gone to bed watching Aliens 3. I'm not sure what time I woke up to find Helen and Lana asleep. Santa had already put Marcel's gifts out, filled the stockings, and ate the pumpkin pie Marcel left out him. I think it was around four in the morning when we finally made it to the bed.

Marcel made out like a little bandit this year but the big hit with him was the Star Wars Lightsaber Battle game. It was a pretty big hit amongst the adults as well. The video is of Marcel getting a little too close to my TV with his pimp saber action moves. I have some really great footage of Marcel, Lana and Helen showing off their saber moves but I doubt I'd live long if I put them online... Damn their funny though.

I spent most of Christmas morning feeling like I had been drugged. Marcel let us sleep in a bit this year and woke us up around ten. He came rushing in our room, so excited I couldn't help but jump out of bed immediately and follow him into the living room. He could barely contain himself long enough for Helen to get out of bed. It's really an awesome thing to see him that happy. Santa got him pretty much all the stuff he asked for and he deserved every bit of it. I'm such a lucky guy to have such a great kiddo. It was wonderfully drowsy Christmas morning.
A few Christmas highlights...
  • Visiting with my brother and all our kids while we assembled toys together
  • The first few moments when Marcel burst into my room on Christmas morning
  • Attacking Sally with the Roboraptor.
  • Watching Stitch run away from the inch tall windup toy.
  • Recording Lana and Helen talk shit while playing Star Wars Lightsaber Battle
  • Watching Marcel sing along to Star Wars Gangsta Rap on his MP3 player Santa left him.
  • Visiting with Lana's momma and family and knowing I'm welcome as family too.

I'm off to roller skate on the basketball court with the little man. Santa brought him some skates since he seemed to enjoy ice skating so much at Shelby's birthday party. It's probably going to be a long night of Lego Star Wars and Star Wars Lightsaber Battle game. Oh, and plenty of pumpkin pie. ;)

Here's a few of my favorite pictures from this Christmas. I hope everyone had as great a Christmas as we did. Merry Christmas everyone!



christmas2006_07christmas2006_16
christmas2006_61christmas2006_18

No comments:

Post a Comment