Alex Camacho
Crosby, TX, United States
Born in Houston, Texas and raised all over living the life of an Army Brat. I Went to eight different schools (three elementary, one middle school, four high schools) and have one little brother who’s not so little anymore. I’ve been married for nearly fourteen years now to a woman who rocks my world and I've been blessed with two wonderful children. Our dog, Sally, is a big black lab saved from a local shelter.
VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE

Friday, December 22, 2006

Yo Adrian!

coolhearse01Marcel's now officially on Christmas break now so we decided to celebrate the other night by going out to the movies. We went to go see the new Rocky Bolboa movie. I won't lie, I was pretty damn giddy. I hear that music and I get excited, I'm on the edge of my seat, and I'm pumped. The Rocky movies are on the level of iconic when it comes to my childhood. What kid didn't run around pretending to be Rocky when they first saw the movie? What adult didn't run around wishing they could be Rocky when they first saw the movie?? I particularly remember one little boy who was named after Rocky when we were in school. He was younger than me and my brother and would run around shadow boxing and hitting anyone who got close enough. I purchased our tickets online and made sure to buy a roll or Sweetarts at the gas station on the way to the movies since most theaters don't carry them anymore. I broke the roll in half and past the other half to my brother. Good times, good times...

Overall, not the great movie I was expecting after hearing all the awesome reviews, but much better than I was originally expecting. The boxing world needs something to get excited about, something to revitalize interest in the sport again. It wouldn't come as a great surprise if it was HBO that proposed the idea of a new Rocky movie Sylvester Stallone. The movie was well worth it for the one scene where Rocky confronts his son's anger outside the restaurant. What I love so much about all the movies, cheese and all, is that the theme behind the movies has always been about will. What do want and what is your will?

Other than that, we've been just taking it easy, counting down to Christmas. We've finished up all our shopping finally. On our way to Toys R us, after our riding lesson, we saw the coolest car. I saw it from the rear and started to daydream a bit about a hearse I wanted to buy when I was in high school. I noticed a Santa decal on the back and decided to pull up to it for a better look. When I came up beside it I noticed the flame decals and smiled. I reached for my camera though, grinning from ear to ear, when I saw the front end. I past the camera to Marcel when Lana started bitching at me for taking pictures while I drove. Marcel fumbled with the camera for a little while when they rolled down their window to tell me they were going to the mall if I wanted more pictures. Lana was hiding somewhere under the dash I think. So I followed them to the mall for a few more pictures. So we talked about his hearse car, he shared a few pictures with me, and told me how the engine was pulled from a local police car. His wife and Lana gave us the well known why-do-they-behave-this-way-in-public-with-me look while rolling their eyes and tried to stay out of the pictures. It didn't take long before other men were drawn to the car and camera phones came out. I'm really hoping to have the bus back on the road again by the end of January. There's just something about a well loved older car. They just get better with age.

No comments:

Post a Comment