Alex Camacho
Crosby, TX, United States
Born in Houston, Texas and raised all over living the life of an Army Brat. I Went to eight different schools (three elementary, one middle school, four high schools) and have one little brother who’s not so little anymore. I’ve been married for nearly fourteen years now to a woman who rocks my world and I've been blessed with two wonderful children. Our dog, Sally, is a big black lab saved from a local shelter.
VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE

Friday, June 8, 2007

One Frog, Two Frog, Three...

pondbytheriver03
pondbytheriver12
It's been a pretty relaxing past few weeks really other than the stress of refinancing the house. I say that with sarcasm in case you missed that. All joking aside it really has been pretty relaxed. The appraiser came out, walked inside and outside our home and then left to tell us how much our home is worth. Seems so weird when I get to thinking of it like that but there it is. A few days before Lana and me went on a hurricane of cleaning. All the kiddo fingerprints on the walls by the stairs, the spaghetti that somehow managed to splash up on the kitchen ceiling, all the stuffed animals up on the fridge Sally had chewed up as a puppy, Lana pruned down Marcel's artwork from this school year down to two, and I actually cleaned up all the feathers still floating around our bedroom from Lana's pillow. There's a lot of value in our home that the appraiser just couldn't see and I can't explain so it feels a little invasive to have someone tell me how much my home is worth. The birthdays we've celebrated with friends, the games we've played gathered around the living room, the early morning roleplaying sessions in the dining room, the crowded kitchen debates over chips and dip, and the quiet evenings with Lana and Marcel dozing off watching movies or eating a snack at three in the morning. I don't think the appraiser was looking for that sort of thing when she came in for her assessment of our home but it became real apparent to me just how much my home means to me in more than one way.

The past week or two we've been mesmerized by a little tree frog Lana found in the garage one night. I managed to catch it and put it in Marcel's little terrarium he got from his Uncle for his birthday. Marcel and I spend our days and evenings ever on the scout for moths, flies, and unfortunate bugs to feed to it. It's really cool watching and I can't help but want to feed it constantly. So the other day Micah and Kelly come by and Becca's carrying a jar with another tree frog. Apparently Becca's hair looked like a nice place to nest in and it fell in her hair. So we put it in the little tank too. You can probably tell where this is leading up to so I'll spare you the suspense and just say that I'm now working on a frog tank in the garage. It's a must at this point since we now got a third tree frog from our trip to the pond out by the river. We went there looking for bog wood and rocks for a tank. We walked around the pond, spotted a hare, a large snake, lots of turtles, spiders, and a few frogs and even another tree frog. So I managed to sneak up on him and put took it home to join the other two. Turns out its a guy tree frog. We're hoping when the tank is complete with proper planning and a spray bottle we'll have tadpoles soon. :)

Marcel: "Why's the little frog hugging the big tree frog like that?"


pondbytheriver06
Lana took this great picture of the pond while me and Marcel were beating around the bushes looking for frogs and and bugs. It was a really hot day and I'd really love to go out there sometime a little earlier in the day or in the evening when all the frogs start to come out. I love being outside on days like this.


marcelcardshark02 playing sevens
We've been playing a cards with Micah and Kelly a lot the past week and Marcel decided to jump in the other night when I was tearin up some Seven's. Marcel came in and whooped us in a game just before we called it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment