Alex Camacho
Crosby, TX, United States
Born in Houston, Texas and raised all over living the life of an Army Brat. I Went to eight different schools (three elementary, one middle school, four high schools) and have one little brother who’s not so little anymore. I’ve been married for nearly fourteen years now to a woman who rocks my world and I've been blessed with two wonderful children. Our dog, Sally, is a big black lab saved from a local shelter.
VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Early Morning Blog...

marcelandolivia01
oliviainmarcel02
So things are beginning to settle down now that we're getting back into a groove again. With me taking Marcel to school during the week I'm up pretty early these days. I usually let Lana and Olivia sleep in and use these few hours to WoW it up. Today I thought I'd blog a little despite the drumming headache.

I think that having us both at home makes all the world of difference with a baby in the house again. With the both of us home taking care of her, everything about her becomes fun. There's no burden of worrying about who's going to work at what time, we nap with her during the day, and she's never without attention from one of us. It's really amazing watching her level of awareness increase with each day. We'll catch her now and then watching tv, or reaching for the butterflies on her bouncy seat. She still sleeps a lot but she does stay awake more and more after eating. She's got such pretty eyes. She'll sit there and just look at ya after she's eaten and it's hypnotizing. You have to wonder what she's thinking about when she stares at you like that especially when she slips off to sleep. She sometimes makes little excited chirps in her sleep and I can't help but wish I knew what she's dreaming about. She's an instant cure for insomnia too. Simply cradle her on chest and wait.
We have been watching a lot of television these days. Meerkat Manor is quickly becoming one of my favorite shows along with the HD Discovery channel. Add to the mix our need for Big Brother 8 and our viewing habits have become oddly voyeuristic when you think about it. Lana refuses to watch IFC with me now thanks to a slew of sad movies.

We've been straying a little bit outside the house more and more. Yesterday Marcel and me took Olivia along for a few errands while Lana stayed home and did a little work on the laptop. She stayed awake for most of the car drive, looking at herself in the rear-facing mirror but then dozed off in the stroller. Marcel and me jammed out to some God Smack, Queen, and Johnny Cash. I thought it would be a little weird with Marcel so much older than her but I've completely flipped on that. There's nothing like watching them together to know how much he loves his baby sister. He's so careful picking her up, we talk all the time about what she might like when she's older, what games he wants to teach her, and how he'll show her all sorts of stuff. He's an amazing kid. I know every parent probably thinks their kid is the best but to be around Marcel is to know you're in the presence of someone who truly cares about everyone around him. Their going to be so good to each other and for each other and I guess that's the greatest thing a parent can hope for. I'm a lucky man.

Hey, a big thanks to everyone. I don't know what I would have done without our friends and family who were there for us every step of the way during Lana's pregnancy. We keep meaning to send out individual thank you's but we've been a little preoccupied. ;)

Hopefully I'll be getting them out in the next week with us getting back to a regular schedule and things going back to normal. Lana's become the incredible shrinking woman. She's lost all her prego weight in a matter of a week. I keep hoping I'll drop the extra fifteen pounds I put on during her pregnancy but I have the feeling I'll have to actually work at it.
Well, I'm off to watch some cartoons. :)

Oh, I've added a few more pictures in the Olivia!(link now defunct) album.

1 comment:

  1. you could do yoga booty ballet with me and dosha!

    ReplyDelete