Alex Camacho
Crosby, TX, United States
Born in Houston, Texas and raised all over living the life of an Army Brat. I Went to eight different schools (three elementary, one middle school, four high schools) and have one little brother who’s not so little anymore. I’ve been married for nearly fourteen years now to a woman who rocks my world and I've been blessed with two wonderful children. Our dog, Sally, is a big black lab saved from a local shelter.
VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE

Friday, November 16, 2007

Work and Play

So I've been playing around more with Adobe Bridge only to find I love it even more. It's made my four thousand plus photo and video collection manageable. Before I got the program I was basically organizing everything in folders and labeling everything in descriptive filename titles. Even at an anal level, dealing with that many files becomes difficult when you're looking for a particular photo. With Bridge though, I can now find any photo I'm looking for so long as I've tagged it. So now comes the daunting task of going through all my pictures and tagging them with appropriate metadata. It's a pain but well worth it. Now I can bring up every photo of a kid "picking nose" with a simple search!We're making pretty steady progress on the house. It's hard to feel like we've made progress when we're living with paint rollers, spackle and paint everywhere but when I see it in a list...
    Remodeling Stuff
  • remove kitchen and bathroom wallpaper
  • primer and paint kitchen
  • primer and paint bathroom
  • remove bathroom step
  • install tile in bathroom
  • install new light fixtures in bathroom
  • re-install toilet
  • install new base and door moldings
  • primer and paint entry hall
  • remove wallpaper in dining room
  • texture wall in dining room
  • paint dining room
  • remove carpet from living room
  • remove tile in entry hall
  • install new light fixture in entry way
  • install ceiling fan in reading room
  • put a new chandelier in dining room
  • pull down paneling
  • remove faux ceiling beams
  • remove living room desk
  • hang sheetrock
  • texture sheetrock
  • paint new walls
  • build bookshelves
  • install laminate floors

    Plus the Everyday Stuff
  • quality time relaxin with Lana and Marcel
  • eat
  • hygiene
  • laundry
  • dishes
  • homework with Marcel
  • take care of Olivia
  • maintain damage control
  • take care of the dogs
  • hang out with friends
  • computer time
  • sleep (optional)
There just doesn't seem to ever be enough time in the day but we manage to get a majority done while having fun. Speaking of fun, Marcel is on turkey break starting tomorrow!! It'll be nice having him around more. Here lately I know he's been feeling a little neglected with everything going on so we're going to make more of an effort while he's home to spend some fun time with him. Hopefully we'll be able to pull him off the computer or Gamecube long enough. Well, off to start my day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment