Alex Camacho
Crosby, TX, United States
Born in Houston, Texas and raised all over living the life of an Army Brat. I Went to eight different schools (three elementary, one middle school, four high schools) and have one little brother who’s not so little anymore. I’ve been married for nearly fourteen years now to a woman who rocks my world and I've been blessed with two wonderful children. Our dog, Sally, is a big black lab saved from a local shelter.
VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE

Saturday, December 1, 2007

Slowin Down

So I've been trying to slow down a bit the past day or two, as per orders of Lana. I hate knowing there's still so much to do and so little time before some serious payoff begins. The new floors arrive on Wednesday!! What that means though, is the Sheetrock has to be done before the new floors can go down - which means the entry hall floor has to be leveled and prepared, the door and floor molding has to pulled, and the carpet in our bedroom needs to be yanked out. Still lots of work to be done but I'm so exhausted these days. Lana's been a huge help freeing me up when I'm feeling ambitious enough to tackle house stuff and switching out with me when I wanna just veg with 'Livie and watch TV. I don't really know how she's been doing it between working, house remodeling, cooking and us. She's more of the multi-tasker thankfully. Me, I just plow ahead until I'm out of steam, recharge, and go at it again. I think I'm at the recharge stage.

So yesterday I slowed down a little and just got the floors in the bathroom closets done thanks to Laura. She came by to visit and kept 'Livie company while I tackled laying the tiles. There's no way I would have been able to get the tiles done if it hadn't been for Laura since Lana was out working, earning us some money pimpin out toys. I managed to relax some when Lana got home, visited with her, then finished off Second Contact. I'd been trying to read Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix but I just can't seem to get into the story right now. It's not that it isn't good writing or that I dislike the characters. I just can't seem to get into the story. So I put it down for a while (again) and grabbed one of the books I put aside when Lana and I moved my mountain o' books to our bedroom. It was nice to read an author I know and trust again considering that I've really been trying to stay away from my favorites this year to just read new stuff. I figured a Resnick book I hadn't read was a good compromise rather than one I've read. I did find the high tech computers of the year 2065 very entertaining. ;)

So now I'm stuck with the choice of trying to read the Harry Potter book oooooor... reread the Necroscope series. Yeah, I should probably grab a book I haven't read but I really liked these characters and I don't feel like digging through the books. Besides, the year is almost over and I can venture back to a few favorites. Plus, I think that once you've gone over the ten year mark on having read a book it's okay to go back. I think that's enough justification for one night of indulgent reading.

Off to do a little reading while 'Livie is napping. Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment