Alex Camacho
Crosby, TX, United States
Born in Houston, Texas and raised all over living the life of an Army Brat. I Went to eight different schools (three elementary, one middle school, four high schools) and have one little brother who’s not so little anymore. I’ve been married for nearly fourteen years now to a woman who rocks my world and I've been blessed with two wonderful children. Our dog, Sally, is a big black lab saved from a local shelter.
VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE

Monday, February 4, 2008

Back in the Groove

oliviainwalker026So our first My Baby Can Talk - First Signs dvd came in the mail the other day. We all gathered around the TV and watched the dvd and learned a few basic signs. According the dvd it's still a few more months before she's coordinated enough to start signing back at us but we're pretty excited about it. It's really a lot of fun and I'm really looking forward to learning more. It's pretty neat to think that she'll be able to communicate with us with her hands before she's able to communicate verbally.

It's a little weird finally being a schedule with Lana that doesn't have us up at noon. Olivia's pretty good about keeping us on task. We're up with Marcel, he goes to school, then Lana goes up to the office while I hold down the fort in the house listening to music or watching tv while I get other stuff done. The suck part is that around 8:00pm I'll start to drift off to sleep if I don't find something to do. So I keep busy until Marcel goes to bed, then Lana and I end up staying up watching Scrubs or Malcolm in the Middle until two in the morning. We've even managed to get out to the movies now and then.

I took Marcel to his first Horror movie. I was very proud. I had to wait for the right movie to come along though. After reading up on Cloverfield and even breaking my rule about spoilers, I decided it was the right movie. He had a blast and wants to see it again. It was really pretty good and worthy of another theater trip. I'm hoping I'll be able to make it off to the movies soon to see Teeth before it leaves the theater although I have a feeling Lana won't want to come along for that one like she did with Sweeney Todd.

It's been really rather refreshing being on a good schedule. It's amazing how much we can get done when we're out of bed before noon. I'm gonna log off before I start to ramble. Back to uploading pics and jammin to Sepultura. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment