Alex Camacho
Crosby, TX, United States
Born in Houston, Texas and raised all over living the life of an Army Brat. I Went to eight different schools (three elementary, one middle school, four high schools) and have one little brother who’s not so little anymore. I’ve been married for nearly fourteen years now to a woman who rocks my world and I've been blessed with two wonderful children. Our dog, Sally, is a big black lab saved from a local shelter.
VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE

Monday, June 2, 2008

Summer!!

oliviasfirstbeachtrip46
oliviasfirstbeachtrip69
The weekend was a rather busy one. We packed up the truck, hooked up with my brother, and headed out for Galveston for the weekend. It was Olivia's first beach trip and we discovered that she's very much a beach baby. I'm always so amazed at how different Marcel and her are at this age. I remember the first time Marcel saw the beach. He was a little overwhelmed at first and wouldn't go near the water. He took his time but was very analytical about it. It was a slow step by step process for him. He watched, he approached slowly with Lana or me and just took his time to get used to the idea of all that water. I can sympathize. Olivia saw all that water and tore a quick path to the water like a fish to water. I had to chase her up and down the beach to keep her from going too deep. To say she loves the water would be a gross understatement.

It's been a while since we've taken a trip to Galveston and I've missed it. They were doing the Sand Castle Tournament on the beaches but we never did get a chance to go take a look. I really wanted to but I'll just have to catch it next time. I really thought with us spending two days at the beach (Saturday with my brother and Xiomara and Sunday with Laura and Charlie) I thought we'd get around to it but we just didn't squeeze it in. Besides, I was really more excited to just be there and was really looking forward to getting my own hands dirty a little. It wasn't too long ago that I did a lot of reading up on building sand castles. I abso-tively (Sorry, I'm currently reading Anansi Boys) love working with my hands, especially if it's something creative. I'm hoping I can get Marcel as interested in it as I am. He's really a very creative kid and I'd love to have a partner especially if it's my kiddo. I ended up with something of a sunburn. I was a little surprised since I don't usually burn but I guess that's just one more thing I can caulk up to getting older. We got home and Lana slathered on Aloe Vera juice on all of us. We all got a little bit burned except for Olivia. We were pretty good about putting lotion on her about every hour, just not ourselves. I didn't put any on until Lana made me but I think it was already too late by then. She even made me put a shirt on. I hate swimming with a shirt on. It just feels gross to have a heavy wet shirt hanging off you. So I just played a little more in the sand until it was time to pack it up.

Now that the weekend is over, it's back to work. Lana's busy working her Passion Parties, getting our credit reports fixed, and working in the yard. For me it's back to website work, taking care of the kiddos, and the usual house stuff. On the bright side, summer is HERE!!!

Marcel gets out of school on Thursday and I can't wait. I'm heading out today to pick up a cargo carrier for the truck so this summer, when we go camping or back to the beach, we won't have a crowded truck! Man, it's going to be an awesome summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment