Alex Camacho
Crosby, TX, United States
Born in Houston, Texas and raised all over living the life of an Army Brat. I Went to eight different schools (three elementary, one middle school, four high schools) and have one little brother who’s not so little anymore. I’ve been married for nearly fourteen years now to a woman who rocks my world and I've been blessed with two wonderful children. Our dog, Sally, is a big black lab saved from a local shelter.
VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE

Monday, July 21, 2008

Holy Fucking Shit Batman!

hulkandmarcel01If you haven't already seen the new Dark Knight movie - GO NOW!! Okay, not this very moment but ya need to go see this movie. Marcel and I went to see it today on the IMAX screen today and I was completely blown away. It's a good thing I actually bought our tickets on Friday night because they had sold out all of today's shows for the IMAX screens by the time we got there, before noon. (No spoilers I promise!)

First off, let it be said that to see a mediocre movie on an IMAX screen (Predator Vs. Aliens) is visually impressive. It feels like you're about to fall into the movie especially on the long aerial pan shots. But when you make the film on the screen something as dark, moody and visually stimulating, and add an incredible cast of actors and a well told story... Fan-fucking-tastic.

I won't give anything away but this is the movie I've been waiting for as a Batman fan. I've always liked the darker, a little on the sinister side, almost on the verge of mental psychosis, Batman. I've always hated for years the way Batman was portrayed as the typical "Hero". My expectations for this movie were met and exceeded beyond what I had hoped for. The story was engrossing, the dialog felt right and flowed, the cinematography was dark and dangerous, and the acting cast filled their characters down to the last pore. Heth Ledger became this dark, menacing, and sickly twisted animal that simply ripped every scene away and took for himself. I WILL be going back to see it again. This movie makes all other comic book movies look like Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.
GO SEE IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment