Alex Camacho
Crosby, TX, United States
Born in Houston, Texas and raised all over living the life of an Army Brat. I Went to eight different schools (three elementary, one middle school, four high schools) and have one little brother who’s not so little anymore. I’ve been married for nearly fourteen years now to a woman who rocks my world and I've been blessed with two wonderful children. Our dog, Sally, is a big black lab saved from a local shelter.
VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Looking Both Ways

fourthofjuly2008_09
fourthofjuly1999_11
We spent our Fourth of July at Miller Outdoor Theatre this year. We got there relatively early and managed to get "Rockstar Parking". We settled down and waited for the fireworks. It was a really nice day and our spot was very shady just under a large tree but still open to the night sky view of the theatre. Unfortunately, the fireworks weren't launched over the clear sky area over the theatre (go figure). So our view was just ever so slightly behind some trees. It wasn't that bad though although the fireworks didn't last long enough.

It was really nice to relax outside under a cool shade. We had a little bit of a rough time keeping Olivia from wondering off. She has no fear of strangers and will approach anyone. Especially if they have a green ball she wants.

It really brought back some memories sitting out there on the blanket waiting for fireworks. We spent our Fourth of July in 1999 (I'm almost sure it was 1999) sitting on the lawn of Fort Campbell, Kentucky waiting for fireworks. I swear, that was one of the best fireworks displays we've seen and everything since then has been measured up to that. The only time I've ever seen a display as good was Disney World but even they didn't have the Golden Knights and a real artillery gun salute. I think next year we should see about a little drive to Fort Sam. I bet they put on a good show plus it's an open training base. To add to the trip, I could finally show Marcel where I trained at and he'll get to experience a little of what I did as kid growing up on/near military posts.

It would be nice to revisit.

No comments:

Post a Comment