Alex Camacho
Crosby, TX, United States
Born in Houston, Texas and raised all over living the life of an Army Brat. I Went to eight different schools (three elementary, one middle school, four high schools) and have one little brother who’s not so little anymore. I’ve been married for nearly fourteen years now to a woman who rocks my world and I've been blessed with two wonderful children. Our dog, Sally, is a big black lab saved from a local shelter.
VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Nothing in Particular

swimmingatnight02
bigdrinkbaby03
seaworld175
Oscar called me up a few weeks back in his usual fashion. Once the weird gay jokes were done he told me he wanted me to throw together a small game for him and Anthony since Anthony's moving out of state. One last adventure for the duo. Their last game ended with Anthony trying to save Oscar as a small dinosaur chewed on his face. Anthony rolled a critical failure that resulted in Oscar getting stabbed directly in the head, dieing almost instantly. It would have been instant but I was laughing too hard. If I had a weak bladder I would have peed myself. I guess you just had to be there but that shit was funny.

Anyway, I was a little nervous about GMing again being that it's quite literally been well over a year now. That may not seem like that long but it seems like ages to me. I have missed it so it was really nice to run something to get me my balance back in the saddle again so to speak. Being that I procrastinated until the last minute to throw together the game, I ended up digging out a few old NPCs for the game and through together a small supers plot that had been bouncing around in my head for a while now. It worked out well and I had a blast. As a bonus nobody's character died.

That, of course, sparked the gaming bug again. I went online, reactivated my MIB status, and hit the sjgames forums. I was blown away at some of the really great GM resources and gaming stuff posted there but my heart sank when I noticed that a majority was in the new fourth edition. Yeah, it's wouldn't be hard to convert to what I'm comfortable with, good ol' third edition, but I decided it was finally time to take the plunge. I figured if I'm willing to take on D$D's Fourth edition Living Forgotten Realms I should learn the new edition of GURPS.

To make a long story short, I've decided to earn the new books by demoing other Steve Jackson Games. Stuff like Frag, Munchkin, and Strange Synergy. It was pretty neat tearing through all my old demo boxes and gaming documents. Man, why did I stop gaming???

So I've been abuzz with demo game ideas, updating my demo fliers, and even started writing a few GURPS games. I've even been updating an old version of Batman I made as an NPC. Yeah, I know, but at least I'm not a pasty heavy breather that knows not the ways of the power of soap.

Speaking of Batman, Marcel and I go to see The Dark Knight on Monday!!! We would have gone by now but the IMAX screen where we go has been sold out for weeks! Monday was the first day that hadn't sold out yet so I snatched up a few tickets online. I can't wait!!!
For those of ya that care, there's lots of new pictures posted all over my webshots, so happy hunting. And just cause Tracy's a cool mo'fo...

No comments:

Post a Comment